What are my chances and help with school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PsychStudent022

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am hoping to apply next cycle:
I will graduate w/ a BA in Psychology (completed in three years)

cGPA: 3.6
sGPA: 3.72
MCAT: 525

Research: 2.5 year of psych research including research methods, and advanced research with a thesis.
1 year of chemistry research UG

EC: Big Brother/Sister mentor program 3 years, ~350 hours clinical volunteer UG, ~200 hours shadowing spanning 4 specialties including MD/DO, university ambassador, tutor for undergrad bio/chem/cal, supplemental instructor for GenChem

Work: 1.5 year med scribe
LOR: MD shadowed, head of psych at my undergrad (whom I researched under), boss as scribe, volunteer coordinator.
 
Last edited:
Wrong forum OP, next time use the "what are my chances" forum

Do you only have 1 LOR from a professor? Most schools require 2 science professor LORs and 1 non-science professor LOR (which would be your psych one)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using SDN mobile app
 
Stellar MCAT. GPA on the low side but (compared to MCAT) but Id imagine it wont hold you back much. Ecs and research are great, although I'm not sure how some of the more research heavy schools (ie. Duke) view psych research compared to hard science.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad