What are my chances at DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sizillyd

Go Pack
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay I just got my MCAT score back:

CP- 127 (79%)
CARS - 124 (44%) ouch
BIO - 129 (93%)
Psych - 126 (66%)
Overall - 506 (71%)

cGPA - 3.15
sGPA - 3.09

Good ECs, lots of shadowing (MD and DO), virology research, compelling PS.

I'm aiming for DO, and I'll definitely be throwing my hat into BCOM's ring. I'll also be going for the newer DO schools, as well. I'm a little worried about the CARS score, but I hope they don't stare at it for too long. I applied last cycle and only got 1 interview with a 26 MCAT (55%).

What do y'all think?

Members don't see this ad.

If you apply broadly to at least 20 DO schools you should receive some interviews. Your MCAT is competitive for most DO schools though you GPA is low. Apply to all the newer schools and include all these:
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
WVSOM
CUSOM
RVUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
ATSU-SOMA
LECOM (both schools)

I've already graduated. So that means an entire year to do nothing. But maybe I'll take some foreign languages in the mean time

If you apply broadly to at least 20 DO schools you should receive some interviews. Your MCAT is competitive for most DO schools though you GPA is low. Apply to all the newer schools and include all these:
ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
WVSOM
CUSOM
RVUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
ATSU-SOMA
LECOM (both schools)

Thanks @Faha, I appreciate it. Gonna take your advice.

100% agree with my learned colleague.

ACOM
BCOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
MU-COM
WVSOM
CUSOM
RVUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
ATSU-SOMA
LECOM (both schools)