What are my chances at MD/ DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmtea238

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cumulative undergrad 3.62, Science cumulative 3.55, MCAT 1st time: 500 & 2nd Time: 502

What are my chances for MD and DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

You are competitive for most DO schools. Apply to at least 10 and you should receive several interviews. Where is your state of residence ?

You are competitive for most DO schools. Apply to at least 10 and you should receive several interviews. Where is your state of residence ?

CA. Do I have a shot at some MD schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
What are your EC's ?
Almost a year of research in lab in Reproductive Medicine ( no posters/ publications), 1+ year of volunteering at a Pregnancy Crisis Non-profit org, and 1+ year working in a Gynecology practice, currently working on shadowing hours

You could try these:
Loma Linda
Loyola
Medical College Wisconsin
Oakland Beaumont
Seton Hall
NOVA MD

Thank you! Do you think I should retake the MCAT the third time? Or just focus on other EC's and apply next cycle?

If you apply broadly to DO schools you should receive several interviews. These are schools where you could receive interviews with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
BCOM
ATSU-SOMA
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
CUSOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM (all schools)

If you apply broadly to DO schools you should receive several interviews. These are schools where you could receive interviews with your stats:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
BCOM
ATSU-SOMA
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
CUSOM
LECOM (all schools)
I agree with my wise colleague. Also consider UIW, PacNW

ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
BCOM
ATSU-SOMA
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
CUSOM
LECOM (all schools)

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you specified the Arkansas campus and not the NY campus? Are the stats @ NY campus not in my favor?

Your MCAT is below the median for the NY campus and they have have an instate preference (83% of their students are NY residents).