what are my chances at SGU and Ross and AUC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member3377

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My undergrad gpa is 3.63. MCATs: 23P ( but my mcats are from 2007). After undergrad I spend 3.5 years working as a biology graduate student and I will be receiving my masters in biology next month. What are my chances? Which school should I apply to? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

What is your bio graduate GPA? Need to retake MCATS and score above 25 to 27.

You probably need to retake MCAT just because it is an old score. With a 3.45 undergrad GPA and a 21 MCAT, I got into MERP for Ross and MPH/MD track for St. George.

Members don't see this ad :)
My undergrad gpa is 3.63. MCATs: 23P ( but my mcats are from 2007). After undergrad I spend 3.5 years working as a biology graduate student and I will be receiving my masters in biology next month. What are my chances? Which school should I apply to? Thanks!

With a 3.63 uGPA, you should not even think about going offshore, especially considering you will have a graduate degree. Retake the MCAT, which you have to do anyway, and apply broadly to US MD schools, DO schools, and to high-linkage SMP programs. You'll probably get into all three. My best buddy from my SMP program got into med school with a 23 MCAT and sub 3.5 GPA. So even if you perform similarly on the MCAT, you're all set.

If you retake the MCAT, I imagine that you will have a much better chance of getting into a U.S. MD or DO. Though the Carib route will allow you to pursue your dream, let that be your last resort.

Thanks for all the responses! I have applied and gotten accept to Tufts MBS. However I don't know if i want to delay my application to med school by going to a SMP especially since SMPs doesn't guarantee acceptance to med sch afterwards. hence, I am considering applying to Caribbean med schs because i don't want to delay my career any longer...is it worth it to go to Caribbean or is it better to got to tufts MBS? any thoughts?

Thanks for all the responses! I have applied and gotten accept to Tufts MBS. However I don't know if i want to delay my application to med school by going to a SMP especially since SMPs doesn't guarantee acceptance to med sch afterwards. hence, I am considering applying to Caribbean med schs because i don't want to delay my career any longer...is it worth it to go to Caribbean or is it better to got to tufts MBS? any thoughts?

Retake the MCATs and apply to US medical schools directly...you are doing yourself a huge HUGE disservice by copping out of studying for the MCAT.

just study and retake the mcat as long as your grade improves you will still get into the carib schools for sept 2013 and if you do better you then have the US med route