What are my chances at the Big 4? Please no sarcasm.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nocardia007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Same old question, new applicant...

Graduate of a Big 10 University in Biological sciences/ Psychology.
Cumulative GPA = 3.4
Science GPA 3.3
Undergrad research with publication. Volunteering and job-shadowing.

Currently attending a post baccalaureate program at an osteopathic school. First semester GPA = 3.5
This semester, getting A's in every class except anatomy...B/C borderline.

April 2006 MCAT: P: 7 V: 5 B: 4.....16M
Jan. 2008 MCAT: P: 9 V: 6 B: 10....25L

2nd question, my g/f will be attending Ross Vet School in May on St. Kitts island. Are there any boat lines that exclusively connect either Ross or St. George medical to St. Kitts?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Cumulative GPA = 3.4
Science GPA 3.3

Currently attending a post baccalaureate program at an osteopathic school. First semester GPA = 3.5

2nd question, my g/f will be attending Ross Vet School in May on St. Kitts island. Are there any boat lines that exclusively connect either Ross or St. George medical to St. Kitts?

You have a pretty good shot at either Ross or St. George's. I don't know about any boat lines connecting Grenada or Dominica to St. Kitts, but I'm sure you could get flights there through LIAT or one of the other Caribbean airlines.

might consider AUC. The airport is >3 min to school and Liat runs specials to St Kitts from SXM often. Not sure but I think the airport is bigger and offers more flights in SXM.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for the replies. That sucks the only way to get from Dominica, Grenada to St. Kitts is by plane.

Thank you both for the replies. That sucks the only way to get from Dominica, Grenada to St. Kitts is by plane.

I didn't say it was the only way. I'm just not familiar with boat lines running between the different islands. I just thought a plane might be easier. After all, its a lot faster. Or did you prefer a boat because its less expensive than a plane?

Cumulative GPA = 3.4
Science GPA 3.3

If you want to go you can just finish the post bac and apply you would get accepted without the post bac. Your grades or better then most who apply

Planes are the only way to go from island to island

If you want to go you can just finish the post bac and apply you would get accepted without the post bac. Your grades or better then most who apply

Planes are the only way to go from island to island

Not exactly. You can take "ferry boats" to nearby islands from St. Maarten where AUC is. I know they goto Saba, Anguilla and St. Barths daily. I found this online
http://www.caribbean-direct.com/St-Martin-Direct/Getting There/SMFgettingthereF.html
I am sure you could go to one island and hop on another ferry to get there. I know it seems like a pain or you could just get on a plane from St. Maarten for about $70 + taxes I think and they aren't the cheapest but certainly doable. Good luck.

Not exactly. You can take "ferry boats" to nearby islands from St. Maarten where AUC is. I know they goto Saba, Anguilla and St. Barths daily. I found this online
http://www.caribbean-direct.com/St-Martin-Direct/Getting There/SMFgettingthereF.html
I am sure you could go to one island and hop on another ferry to get there. I know it seems like a pain or you could just get on a plane from St. Maarten for about $70 + taxes I think and they aren't the cheapest but certainly doable. Good luck.
Really? I did not know I stand corrected.

Thank you