DA DOCTOR IS HERE
10+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2007
  1. Medical Student
    BCMP Gpa 3.13
    Overall Gpa 3.22
    Mcat 25 :(

Two year of research
    Tons of hours at local hospital (volunteer)
    Bioengineering degree
    Lots of other extracurricular activities

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Did you get rejected from US DO schools? ounds good for carib schools. St. G may not be a 100% guarantee, but the others should as long as you apply early.

NAVYLABTECH08

DA DOCTOR IS HERE
    10+ Year Member
    Dec 24, 2007
    1. Medical Student
      Retake the MCAT and apply to DO schools.

MCAT score is not the problem. The problem is the GPA. The GPA is sub par DO standards. I think one of those 1yr medical science track grad degrees would be a good option. Do that to boost up that GPA and you would be in for DO school. If the OP retakes MCAT and do 1 yeat grad degree well, MD is a possibility, especially if the OP is a URM.

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
      Lifetime Donor
      15+ Year Member
    • Aug 1, 2005
      working on my tan......
      1. Attending Physician
        Unless you're not comfortable with being a DO. Which is one reason why I am in the Carib.

I feel ya on the MD. I can not bring myself to apply to DO as a backup.

I will try US MD for two cycles and look for "da caribbean mon" after that!

No offense to those that are cool with it. I just want a MD after my name. I am an initials *****! :D

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.