DO What are my chances at these schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctruopa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what were my chances with a 3.56 o, 3.61 science gpa and a 24 (7,9,8) mcat. I have 40 hours volunteering in a hospital and 100+ in other activities (special olympics, mission trip, soup kitchen, respite care, etc.) I, also, have solid letters of rec from D.O and science professors.

I am interesting in applying to these schools:
CCOM (Top choice IL Resident)
DMU
MU-COM
MSUCOM
TUCOM-CA
PNWU
RVU
AZCOM
TUNCOM
ATSU
VCOM
WVSOM
NSU
LMU

My plan is to retake the new mcat in May to give myself a better chance at CCOM.

Thank you ahead of time.

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA seems like its within range, tho your MCAT is on the lower end as you mentioned.
Retaking the MCAT would be a good option as your GPA isn't on the lower end as well and a higher MCAT will bolster your application.

You should aim to get more clinical experience in the upcoming months.

I am applying for a scribe position right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your chances for all of these schools are low (with the possible exception of LMU) because of your low MCAT. You likely will even be rejected pre-interview at CCOM, Touro CA/NV because of that MCAT. You should either retake MCAT or add schools with lower admissions averages.

Delete CCOM and AZCOM.

I was wondering what were my chances with a 3.56 o, 3.61 science gpa and a 24 (7,9,8) mcat. I have 40 hours volunteering in a hospital and 100+ in other activities (special olympics, mission trip, soup kitchen, respite care, etc.) I, also, have solid letters of rec from D.O and science professors.

I am interesting in applying to these schools:
CCOM (Top choice IL Resident)
DMU
MU-COM
MSUCOM
TUCOM-CA
PNWU
RVU
AZCOM
TUNCOM
ATSU
VCOM
WVSOM
NSU
LMU

My plan is to retake the new mcat in May to give myself a better chance at CCOM.

Thank you ahead of time.

Your chances for all of these schools are low (with the possible exception of LMU) because of your low MCAT. You likely will even be rejected pre-interview at CCOM, Touro CA/NV because of that MCAT. You should either retake MCAT or add schools with lower admissions averages.

I know touro NV has a minimum MCAT of 25. It is on their website.

I retook the mcat and received a score of 502 does that better my chances at CCOM and touro CA?

I retook the mcat and received a score of 502 does that better my chances at CCOM and touro CA?

Maybe worth an application but a 26-27 on a retake with a 24 on your record won't change all that much for you. CCCOM and their 30 median is still really pushing things( no idea if they average mcats or not)

I was accepted to CCOM off of wait list.

Reactions: 2 users