DO What are my chances for a D.O. School? 3.62 GPA, really good e.c.s.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrh125

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.62 GPA (same in science) and was a bio sci major at UC Davis (just graduated). I haven't taken the mcat, but I could score anywhere from a 29-31 based off of my averages. As for my extracurriculars I have a lot of research in different fields (global health, plant biology, environment science, and evolution and ecology. no publications, but i got close), non-profit work (helping research innovative health solutions and food quality/processing techniques to be introduced in Rwanda, india, and indonesia. helped an underprivileged school raise funds to get their teaching on par and buy technology for their classrooms), job experience (worked on a winery and at cvs on top of school), and I'm in the process of getting over a hundred hours of ER/ICU clinical experience + work with a gastroenterologist. I've also shadowed a cardiologist. Other e.c.s I have include studying languages and their associated cultures (arabic, farsi, turkish, german, and italian), playing the piano (jazz and classical), and tennis.

Am I competitive for a D.O school? The main thing i'm the most worried about is the mcat, which im taking on the 23rd. If I score a 28 or 29 would I still have a decent shot at a D.O. school? This is speculation but I want to have all my bases covered.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
a 3.6 GPA and 30 MCAT is enough for MDs.

but CA MDs might be a stretch.

it seems that a 3.4+ and 27+ is very competitive for DO schools. but let's wait until Goro.

Members don't see this ad :)
100% correct. A 30 is lethal for the highly competitive CA schools (except maybe Loma Linda).

lethal as in too low to get in?