MD What are my chances? G.P.A 3.85, sGPA 3.90, MCAT 507

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Habsfan1018

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Florida resident here with a strong story/personal statement: put myself through school as a full time student while working full time. Wondering if I am competitive for Florida and other low/mid-tier MD schools in the US. My stats are as follows:
cGPA: 3.85
sGPA: 3.90
MCAT: 507 (127, 125, 127, 128)

EC's include:
-Software educator for Gastroenterology (work for EMR company where I train physicians and other medical professionals how to utilize the system).
-ER Physician Scribe/Scribe trainer since 2012, accumulating approximately 7500 hours. Was Chief Scribe at my location for the last 18 months while working in the ER.
- Approximately 2300 hours working as a Registrar at Urgent Care from 2016-2018.
- Organic Chemistry research, worked on NSF funded project that was implemented into the schools Inorganic chemistry curriculum.
- 1st place at Research Symposium for oral presentation of aforementioned research project.
- Founder and Secretary of pre-medical organization at school which won New Student Organization of the Year award and Student Organization of the Year award (consecutive years).
-Volunteer Biochemistry tutor in the schools Biochemistry department for one semester.
-300 hours of shadowing Urologist, Cardiologist, and Internist.

Unfortunately as a result of working as much as I did, I was unable to volunteer. However, over the next year during my gap year I will be volunteering on my days off from work. Hoping this will not impact my application in a negative way.

Any advice/recommendations for school list are welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
ALL your Florida schools (including NOVA MD)
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
Tulane
Creighton
St. Louis