1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

What are my chances !!! Help!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by sam1234, May 26, 2002.

1. sam1234

sam1234 Member
    7+ Year Member

Just wanted to know what are my chances of getting into UCONN or UNC with the following stats.

UnderGrad GPA: 3.92
    Grad GPA: 3.9

DAT:
    21 - Sciences
    20 - Academic (17R,19Q)
    15 - Perceptional

I'm shadowing a Dentist right now. I'll be applying with 40 Hrs of shadowing. Will this be enough.

I'm worried about my Perceptional, I dont want to take DAT again. What are my chances.. I'm very much interested in UNC. I'll be applying as instate for UNC.

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. neeky

neeky Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Wow!! congrats on the stellar GPA and Dat scores. Ok the PAT section was a bit weak, that would be my only concern. The number of hours you shadow look good, and if applying in state for UNC i think you are in a great position to get in. As for the PAT I would call someone at admissions and ask, or perhaps ask the dentist you are shadowing, they may have friends in admissions who could give you the honest answers. Other than that I hope you don't have to retake the Dat. But that would be the worst case scenario.
    one last thing, research? Having that on the resume is what I think got me into UCONN.

4. JonR

JonR Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yeah I would say you'll definitely get in at UNC with the great GPA and Academic DAT scores. Call UConn and ask, but I think they look much more at the science portions of the academic DAT than anything else. I think you will be a strong candidate.

I got in at UConn and UNC (chose UConn) both out of state from TN; did my undergrad at ASU in Boone, NC. My stats were 3.75 overall/3.65 sci. GPA, 21/17 DAT. I am also a third year student, so that should give you a good idea of your chances.

5. sam1234

sam1234 Member
    7+ Year Member

JonR and neeky

Thanks a lot!!

6. reena

reena Member
    7+ Year Member

sam,

i would definitely recommend calling the assistant dean at uconn and present your case. dr. edward thibodeau is an extremely pleasant person and will be more than glad to offer advice.

i sent you a pm with his info.

7. sam1234

sam1234 Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks Reena!!!