What are my chances? Junior applying this cycle!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

songe42799

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently an undergrad junior at NYU and wondering what my chances are at getting into NYU dental and schools?

Overall GPA: 3.79
Science GPA: 3.69

DAT Breakdown:
PAT: 23
RC: 23
QR: 22
BIO: 17
GC: 22
OC: 17
TS: 18
AA: 20

I have already worked as a dental assistant in two different offices, worked at a pain therapist's office, volunteered at community activist group, bakery, and garment factory. I'm also going to be receiving letter of recommendation from the Pre-health committee at my school, so is that a plus? Any advice/feedback is welcome! what schools would be recommended for a student from new york?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm currently an undergrad junior at NYU and wondering what my chances are at getting into NYU dental and schools?

Overall GPA: 3.79
Science GPA: 3.69

DAT Breakdown:
PAT: 23
RC: 23
QR: 22
BIO: 17
GC: 22
OC: 17
TS: 18
AA: 20

I have already worked as a dental assistant in two different offices, worked at a pain therapist's office, volunteered at community activist group, bakery, and garment factory. I'm also going to be receiving letter of recommendation from the Pre-health committee at my school, so is that a plus? Any advice/feedback is welcome! what schools would be recommended for a student from new york?
A strong committee letter is a plus in that you won't be dinged for having a subpar evaluation. I can't make a call without an inventory of activities (as per the template) and knowing your residency (is it NY or any of the neighboring states). You're pretty good although those two science sub-scores may be a little issue for some faculty, but I presume your grades will allay some concerns.

Have you done any networking with schools in the area? You can take a train to all the schools in NYC, Boston, and Philadelphia at least. In general, start with your in-state options and radiate outward.