What are My Chances low MCAT:(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Salt is good

New Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hey folks,

I just recieved my MCAT score 6PS 5VR 7BS 18O composite and I am really disappointed. MY GPA 3.87 Science and 3.92 non sciense. Overall GPA is 3.90 and my major is Microbiolgy.

I already submitted my aacomas and my amcas "thinking about withdrawing it" I am still working on my secondaries for DO Schools. What should I do?:(
EC's

150 Shadowing at the ER.
500 Hr non-medical Volunteering
200 Hrs of medical volunteering at different organizations.

I would really appreciate your feedback.

Members don't see this ad.
 
Hey folks,

I just recieved my MCAT score 6PS 5VR 7BS 18O composite and I am really disappointed. MY GPA 3.87 Science and 3.92 non sciense. Overall GPA is 3.90 and my major is Microbiolgy.

I already submitted my aacomas and my amcas "thinking about withdrawing it" I am still working on my secondaries for DO Schools. What should I do?:(
EC's

150 Shadowing at the ER.
500 Hr non-medical Volunteering
200 Hrs of medical volunteering at different organizations.

I would really appreciate your feedback.

You have to retake the MCAT, it will be close to impossible to get accepted to MD or DO schools with that low of a MCAT score.
 
Hey folks,

I just recieved my MCAT score 6PS 5VR 7BS 18O composite and I am really disappointed. MY GPA 3.87 Science and 3.92 non sciense. Overall GPA is 3.90 and my major is Microbiolgy.

I already submitted my aacomas and my amcas "thinking about withdrawing it" I am still working on my secondaries for DO Schools. What should I do?:(
EC's

150 Shadowing at the ER.
500 Hr non-medical Volunteering
200 Hrs of medical volunteering at different organizations.

I would really appreciate your feedback.
I suggest you withdraw from the MD application process. If you submitted, but were not yet verified, you can get some of your money back.

For DO, schools will accept a January MCAT retake (and will hold your applications for consideration until after that date if they know your plan). Decide if you think you can get back on the study wagon fast enough to effectively retake by that time. If you don't think you'll be ready until April/May/June, then withdraw from AACOMAS as well.

Read this:
Noshie's Hope for those trying to get past an MCAT score in the teens or low 20's:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=774396
 
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your replies. I am definetly consider retaking next summer not in jan. I am planning to start studying from Christmas break-May or June.

What are the consequences if I don't withdraw my accomas app this cycle?
 
If you got an 18 on your MCAT I suggest that you start studying now-june or whenever you take it next.
 
The consequences are you losing a bunch of money. You won't get in for certain, but schools will still take your supplemental money for the hell of it. That's all though. If you have a money tree, no harm done.
 
Top