What are my chances? Pls help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predental536642

Reaction score
Date of submission: 8/14 (Is this too late???)
Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.42

DAT (first attempt):
PAT: 18
QR: 21
RC: 23
Bio: 15
GC: 17
OC: 17
TS: 16
AA: 19

DAT (second attempt - taken 7/31)
PAT: 19
QR: 19
RC: 20
Bio: 20
GC: 20
OC: 20
TS: 20
AA: 20

150 volunteer hours, 250 shadowing hours
I did research and graduated cum laude from the University of Minnesota
Major was Biology, Society and Environment and minored in psychology. Also was in the honors program.
It says it will take about 2 weeks for them to verify my application before the schools can see it. I took my DAT on July 31st and that score hasn’t been posted yet either, so I’m not sure if that will slow the process down. Is there anything else I can do right now besides wait? I knew I was a little late in the cycle but since everything takes a few weeks to process I’m worried I’m too late.

My goal is to get into the University of Minnesota (in-state tuition), but I also applied and would be happy getting into Iowa, Colorado, Marquette, and Creighton.

I appreciate any advice! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Date of submission: 8/14 (Is this too late???)
Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.42

DAT (first attempt):
PAT: 18
QR: 21
RC: 23
Bio: 15
GC: 17
OC: 17
TS: 16
AA: 19

DAT (second attempt - taken 7/31)
PAT: 19
QR: 19
RC: 20
Bio: 20
GC: 20
OC: 20
TS: 20
AA: 20

150 volunteer hours, 250 shadowing hours
I did research and graduated cum laude from the University of Minnesota
Major was Biology, Society and Environment and minored in psychology. Also was in the honors program.
It says it will take about 2 weeks for them to verify my application before the schools can see it. I took my DAT on July 31st and that score hasn’t been posted yet either, so I’m not sure if that will slow the process down. Is there anything else I can do right now besides wait? I knew I was a little late in the cycle but since everything takes a few weeks to process I’m worried I’m too late.

My goal is to get into the University of Minnesota (in-state tuition), but I also applied and would be happy getting into Iowa, Colorado, Marquette, and Creighton.

I appreciate any advice! Thank you!
8/14 is not too late

please fill out a full WAMC template

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you only apply to 5 schools?
Yes, I have heard you should only apply to schools you would for sure want to go to. I would rather reapply next cycle to get into one of these than add other schools that I am unsure about.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I have heard you should only apply to schools you would for sure want to go to. I would rather reapply next cycle to get into one of these than add other schools that I am unsure about.
That's fair. Applying in the upper midwest has its challenges. There just are fewer schools, so you have to pick some privates outside the area. On the other hand, your chances with the schools you have listed are fine, so let's hope it works out. Otherwise, you may want to look at some schools to expand your list for a reapplication.

I like that your DAT retake has more consistency of scores across the board at 20. Not knowing the details of your activities, it's hard to get a sense of your mission fit or fine manual dexterity, but let's see if you get invited.