what are my chances to get into med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangepiggy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.3 gpa, 22Q mcat. LOTS of clinical experience and leadership. MPH degree. What are my chances at a medical school? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

MD, DO=minimal at best

Carribean MD=possible to probable.

have some self respect, ANYONE can do better than a 22Q. why dont you try studying for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lukkie has a point, a 3.3 is not a terribly bad gpa, which means the OP is a pretty good student, which means he/she has the potential to score better.

Though reading again, "anyone" is a stretch.

Okay so as previously stated DO is an option and so is the carribean if you plan on applying during this cycle. However, given that your GPA while not great isn't terrible either, I am a bit curious about your MCAT score. I think you should seriously analyze how you studied for the test and I strongly urge you to consider taking it again, especially if you arent applying during this cycle. Some things you might want to think about in analyzing how you studied for the exam. What kind of prep did you do? Did you take practice tests, review from your text books, and/or take and MCAT prep course. Was there some sort of extrenuating circumstances that could explain your score (perhaps illness or something of that sort). Something you should strongly consider would be to take a MCAT prep course if you havent already or get a tutor. A stronger MCAT score (in the 30s) would make you a much more competitive applicant. I guarantee you will be asked during your interview no matter where you apply to explain your score, so that is also something ti think about.