DO What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVU2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've no idea how competitive my resume is compare to other applicants for the D.O. school.
I have a 3.34 science gpa and a 3.41 cumm gpa. In the Honors college at my university. 25 on mcat. Research experience in the education field in india for part of a summer. Over a year of research experience (and still on-going) in animal biotechnology and genomics at my university. About 6 months (still on-going) of research experience in exercise physiology. Involved in a about 3-4 clubs and have help a couple of leadrship positions. Approx 300 hours of volunteering at the hospital in my hometown+ 100 hours of volunteering at a hospital in rural india; along with shadowing a physician in rural india. Shadowing 3 doctors in my hometown, one being a DO. What else can I do to boost my chances?

One thing I/m concerned about is that I have gotten a C in intro bio, organic chem, gen chem, cell bio and kinesiology. How will this impact my chances? I have taken many classes that fall under "other sciences" to boost my science gpa, thus a 3.34.

I'm a WV resident and mostly looking at WVSOM. But, I also want to apply to a bunch of other schools out of state.
Any feedback is appreciated!! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Apply broadly and you should be fine. MCAT and gpa are a little on the low side, but not enough that you probably won't get in somewhere.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think you have a shot even at wvsom. i echo whats stated above. apply broadly, write a good ps and secondaries and you'll get in. for a lot of the regional schools, mission fit is huge

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks a lot guys!! I really appreciate the advise!! Definitely going to apply broadly.