What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frenchyn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this thread seems repetitive, but I just want to get more thoughts and opinions.

Basically I want to know what my chances are.

First, I am a nontraditional student. My cGPA is low 3.8, sGPA is 4.0. First MCAT VR/PS/BS: 4/7/9 --> 20. Second MCAT: VR/PS/BS: 8/9/14 --> 31. I did a medical mission in Honduras and I am planning on going to Haiti beginning of next year. I have been volunteering with an autism organization for more than 1 year. I have two years Registered Nurse experience. I do not have any research experience.

My questions are:
What schools should I apply? I really do not mind to move at all as long as I achieve my dream.
Since I do not have to re-take MCAT now, I plan to do more volunteer. What type of volunteer experience should I get? I do not think I need any more clinical.
Will my first MCAT score hurt my chance a lot?
Is there any other aspects I can do to improve my chance?
Should I shadow a doctor even though I work with doctor everyday?

Any thoughts will be really appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Buy msar online and find schools with median matriculant MCAT and GPA close to yours. Then post your school list

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am from Arizona. And yes I already bot the MSAR. Will post the list of schools later.

My other question is: Is it too late to apply this year? I did research and the answer is yes...

You will be at a disadvantage if you apply this year.

You're going to have to work on your application, personal statement, submit LoRs, and get your application verified, which would generously take you about a month. Then you have to crank out secondaries, about 3-5 essays per school usually, and that will probably be November. At many of the schools, less than 1/2 of the interview slots remain open currently. Also, interviewing would be difficult if you're in Haiti as the interview cycle usually extends until February/March/April.

I would apply as early as possible next year, and use this year to further augment your application. Also, a 3.8 isn't "low," it's fantastic. Congrats on your MCAT improvement, and good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I am from Arizona. And yes I already bot the MSAR. Will post the list of schools later.

My other question is: Is it too late to apply this year? I did research and the answer is yes...
If you have not been verified by AMCAS, apply next cycle.

So I finally sat down and came up with a list of schools, but having hard time to decide. I have been looking at mostly the OOS acceptance rate, tuition, GPA, and MCAT. Please let me know what you think of the list
Safety school (State school or private OOS):
1. Howard University College of Medicine
2. University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
3. Meharry Medical college, Tennessee
4. The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

Reaches:
1. University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson
2. University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix
3. University of North Dakota

4. Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
5. The Common Wealth Medical College, Pennsylvania

Middle targets:
1. Albany Medical College
2. Eastern Virginia Medical School
3. New York Medical College
4. West Virginia University School of Medicine
5. University of Kentucky
6. University of Louisville School of Medicine

High targets:
1. University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville
2. University of Texas Medical School at Houston
3. The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio
4. University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine
5. University of California, Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine

I am planning to apply 20MDs and 5DOs. I know it is a lot but I do not know what schools to apply to. I still have another lists of 30 schools that I do not know if I should consider based on the factors I listed. These are all MDs. Will start looking at DOs once I finish with my MDs list. Thank in advance:)

So I finally sat down and came up with a list of schools, but having hard time to decide. I have been looking at mostly the OOS acceptance rate, tuition, GPA, and MCAT. Please let me know what you think of the list
Safety school (State school or private OOS):
1. Howard University College of Medicine
2. University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
3. Meharry Medical college, Tennessee
4. The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University

Reaches:
3. University of North Dakota

Middle targets:
1. Albany Medical College
2. Eastern Virginia Medical School
3. New York Medical College
4. West Virginia University School of Medicine
5. University of Kentucky
6. University of Louisville School of Medicine

High targets:
4. University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine

I am planning to apply 20MDs and 5DOs. I know it is a lot but I do not know what schools to apply to. I still have another lists of 30 schools that I do not know if I should consider based on the factors I listed. These are all MDs. Will start looking at DOs once I finish with my MDs list. Thank in advance:)

How is Brown one of your safety schools? I don't think that Brown is a safety school for anyone.

Also, you have way too many state schools that really prefer applicants from in-state. Applying to those schools is like throwing your money away. You need to go back and look at more private schools who do not give a huge in-state bias.

Goro suggests

Rush
NYMC
Penn state
Creighton
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Drexel
Temple
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
MCW
St. Louis U
Jefferson
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
GWU
Georgetown
Tufts
U Miami
Wake Forest
EVMS
VCU
All new MD programs except Va Tech and Hofstra
Any DO program, starting with the two AZ schools, TUNCOM, Western and TUCOM-CA

I know this thread seems repetitive, but I just want to get more thoughts and opinions.

Basically I want to know what my chances are.

First, I am a nontraditional student. My cGPA is low 3.8, sGPA is 4.0. First MCAT VR/PS/BS: 4/7/9 --> 20. Second MCAT: VR/PS/BS: 8/9/14 --> 31. I did a medical mission in Honduras and I am planning on going to Haiti beginning of next year. I have been volunteering with an autism organization for more than 1 year. I have two years Registered Nurse experience. I do not have any research experience.

My questions are:
What schools should I apply? I really do not mind to move at all as long as I achieve my dream.
Since I do not have to re-take MCAT now, I plan to do more volunteer. What type of volunteer experience should I get? I do not think I need any more clinical.
Will my first MCAT score hurt my chance a lot?
Is there any other aspects I can do to improve my chance?
Should I shadow a doctor even though I work with doctor everyday?

Any thoughts will be really appreciated. Thanks.
Unless you are applying to schools right now, I would suggest retaking the MCAT. The overall score isn't bad but the 8 and 9 will definitely hurt your chances. You have a great GPA and a lot of clinical experience so I do think you have a chance at some M.D. schools. However, if you could retake your MCAT and balance out those scores that would be very beneficial to you and open up a lot of doors.

Yes you should shadow other doctors in different fields. However, I don't have a lot of clinical experience so who am to tell you that.

Last edited:
Unless you are applying to schools right now, I would suggest retaking the MCAT. The overall score isn't bad but the 8 and 9 will definitely hurt your chances. You have a great GPA and a lot of clinical experience so I do think you have a chance at some M.D. schools. However, if you could retake your MCAT and balance out those scores that would be very beneficial to you and open out a lot of doors.

Yes you should shadow other doctors in different fields. However, I don't have a lot of clinical experience so who am to tell you that.
OP has the median score for a successful applicant.
Multiple scores are viewed askance in just about every place OP wants to apply (except TX for IS applicants).
A good strategy will always pay off. Another weak score and h/she is much worse off.

How is Brown one of your safety schools? I don't think that Brown is a safety school for anyone.

Also, you have way too many state schools that really prefer applicants from in-state. Applying to those schools is like throwing your money away. You need to go back and look at more private schools who do not give a huge in-state bias.
I only picked Brown because they accepted 90% OOS according to MSAR. I have been looking at tuition, GPA, MCAT and OOS percentage based on MSAR. What else should I look at? Sorry this is first time I put a list together so it is amateur.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only picked Brown because they accepted 90% OOS according to MSAR. I have been looking at tuition, GPA, MCAT and OOS percentage based on MSAR. What else should I look at? Sorry this is first time I put a list together so it is amateur.
Take a look at @Goro's list and as long as you include a half dozen OOS schools in addition to AZ, you should be fine.

Thank
Delete: Howard and Meharry (mission based), UMKC (OOS are mostly bac MD's), UND (unless Native American),
all the TX schools (90% IS requirement) and UCLA (stats).
Thanks a lot. I deleted those schools you told me to. So as of for my profile, I have no chance for any texas or California schools? Hhehe that is why I put it as high targets. I am from Arizona so california is closer to home and I have been to Texas so it is kinda nice knowing where I will be going to school (if I get in)...but if I have no chance or very low chance than I will not risk it. I have seen you replied a lot of posts so you know better. Let me know what you think. Really appreciate. Thanks.

Thank

Thanks a lot. I deleted those schools you told me to. So as of for my profile, I have no chance for any texas or California schools? Hhehe that is why I put it as high targets. I am from Arizona so california is closer to home and I have been to Texas so it is kinda nice knowing where I will be going to school (if I get in)...but if I have no chance or very low chance than I will not risk it. I have seen you replied a lot of posts so you know better. Let me know what you think. Really appreciate. Thanks.
CA sends about 1600 kids (with stats like yours and better) to other states. The only one I could recommend for you is Loma Linda (if you are SDA or especially devout).

TX schools have a statutory mandate to matriculate at least 90% IS. You have a low but detectable chance at Foster, maybe SA. I can't really recommend this, though.

You are a good candidate for both CA DO schools.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my updated list. it is 26 schools. Phew, but I do not know which ones I should take off. Any thoughts will be really helpful.
Should I take Brown State, UCLA, Georgetown, Wake, Morehouse and George Washington off because according to this news, their acceptance is low. I do not know how reliable this source of information is.
http://www.usnews.com/education/bes...ical-schools-with-the-lowest-acceptance-rates
MD

Safety School (State school or Private OOS):

1. Morehouse School of Medicine
2. University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson
3. University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix

Reaches:
1. University of Louisville School of Medicine
2. New York Medical College
3. West Virginia University School of Medicine
4. Eastern Virginia Medical School
5. Albany Medical College
Middle Targets:
1. The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University
2. George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
3. Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center
4. Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
5. Virginia Common Wealth University School of Medicine
6. Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
7. Drexel University College of Medicine
High targets:
4. University of Kentucky
6. Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
7. Georgetown University School of Medicine
8. Medical College of Wisconsin
9. Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

As of for DO schools, I will just apply to two AZ schools, TUNCOM, Western and TUCOM-CA like Goro said. That will make 5 DO schools I plan to apply to

Last edited:
Goro suggests

Rush
NYMC
Penn state
Creighton
Albany
Rosy Franklin
Drexel
Temple
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
MCW
St. Louis U
Jefferson
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
GWU
Georgetown
Tufts
U Miami
Wake Forest
EVMS
VCU
All new MD programs except Va Tech and Hofstra
Any DO program, starting with the two AZ schools, TUNCOM, Western and TUCOM-CA

Goro,
I did not add Creighton because their VR cut off is 9, Temple VR 9, St. Louis VR 9, Tulane VR 9 and PS 10, Loyola VR 9, U Miami VR 9, and Loma Linda. I am not SDA or devout. Is it legit?

Unless you are applying to schools right now, I would suggest retaking the MCAT. The overall score isn't bad but the 8 and 9 will definitely hurt your chances. You have a great GPA and a lot of clinical experience so I do think you have a chance at some M.D. schools. However, if you could retake your MCAT and balance out those scores that would be very beneficial to you and open up a lot of doors.

I do not plan to apply this year, but I really do not want to retake unless I really really need to. English is my second language so it is a high chance I will drop my verbal. The only possibility is I will bring my PS score up but the chance that I will drop my BS is high too. Hard to bring a 14 to 15 while it is easier to go from 14 to lower.

Are you African-American? Or meet Morehouse's mission? if not, keep in mind that state MD schools favor the home team. if they take OOser's they're generally fron neighboring states. The taxpayers of those states who will be subsidizing your tuition want to know that you'll stick around and practice Medicine in, say, the Bluegrass state, instead of lighting out upon graduation for sunny and dry AZ. Yes, Brown takes OOSers, but look how many of their own UGs they take. Hence, for Brown and OOS public schools one has to be above avg. The UTx and FL schools, Wright State, U Lou and UCLA will appreciate your donation.

Reaches:
Middle Targets:
4. Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
High targets:

As of for DO schools, I will just apply to two AZ schools, TUNCOM, Western and TUCOM-CA like Goro said. That will make 5 DO schools I plan to apply to
[/QUOTE]

Are you African-American? Or meet Morehouse's mission? if not, keep in mind that state MD schools favor the home team. if they take OOser's they're generally fron neighboring states. The taxpayers of those states who will be subsidizing your tuition want to know that you'll stick around and practice Medicine in, say, the Bluegrass state, instead of lighting out upon graduation for sunny and dry AZ. Yes, Brown takes OOSers, but look how many of their own UGs they take. Hence, for Brown and OOS public schools one has to be above avg. The UTx and FL schools, Wright State, U Lou and UCLA will appreciate your donation.

Reaches:
Middle Targets:
High targets:

[/QUOTE]

According to MSAR, Brown U took 90% OOS. Is there another factor that I need to take into consideration? I will only apply to one texas school just for luck..heheh I do not know if I should pick Houston or San Antonio. I have been to Texas for a vacation. Again it is nice to know what state looks like. UoF I applied because I have been to the town and it is a nice small town. My friend went to Pharm school there. UoL because I took most of my science classes there and lived there for a year. Do you think that will improve my chance to get into UoL? UCLA is just for luck. Wright state is because I used the premedguide and gave me a positive number to the schools. What you think?

I'm not a believer in luck in the process, but making intelligent choices. You're ignoring the fact that at Brown, 40% of the matriculants, whether IS or OOS, were from Brown's UG campus. Your MCAT is quire imbalanced and only at the national medial for all acceptees due to the stunningly high Bio score. Your avgerage MCAT score is a ~25, and while I don't know if Brown averages scores or just takes the most recent, gyngyn has pointed out that this is the trend for MD schools.

U of L might be a go because of your experience in living there. U of FL is not..you MCAT is below avg for them and one has to be > avg for OOS public schools, and they only took 12 OOSers last year (~<10%).

TX schools only accept 10% OOS...so rely on realism and not luck, because they don't need the donations in the form of your app fees. Ditto Wright State.

According to MSAR, Brown U took 90% OOS. Is there another factor that I need to take into consideration? I will only apply to one texas school just for luck..heheh I do not know if I should pick Houston or San Antonio. I have been to Texas for a vacation. Again it is nice to know what state looks like. UoF I applied because I have been to the town and it is a nice small town. My friend went to Pharm school there. UoL because I took most of my science classes there and lived there for a year. Do you think that will improve my chance to get into UoL? UCLA is just for luck. Wright state is because I used the premedguide and gave me a positive number to the schools. What you think?[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not a believer in luck in the process, but making intelligent choices. You're ignoring the fact that at Brown, 40% of the matriculants, whether IS or OOS, were from Brown's UG campus. Your MCAT is quire imbalanced and only at the national medial for all acceptees due to the stunningly high Bio score. Your avgerage MCAT score is a ~25, and while I don't know if Brown averages scores or just takes the most recent, gyngyn has pointed out that this is the trend for MD schools.

U of L might be a go because of your experience in living there. U of FL is not..you MCAT is below avg for them and one has to be > avg for OOS public schools, and they only took 12 OOSers last year (~<10%).

TX schools only accept 10% OOS...so rely on realism and not luck, because they don't need the donations in the form of your app fees. Ditto Wright State.

According to MSAR, Brown U took 90% OOS. Is there another factor that I need to take into consideration? I will only apply to one texas school just for luck..heheh I do not know if I should pick Houston or San Antonio. I have been to Texas for a vacation. Again it is nice to know what state looks like. UoF I applied because I have been to the town and it is a nice small town. My friend went to Pharm school there. UoL because I took most of my science classes there and lived there for a year. Do you think that will improve my chance to get into UoL? UCLA is just for luck. Wright state is because I used the premedguide and gave me a positive number to the schools. What you think?
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response. That is really helpful.

This should be my final list:
Safety School:
3. The Common Wealth Medical College, Pennsylvania (private)
Reaches:
1. University of Louisville School of Medicine (public)
2. New York Medical College (private)
3. West Virginia University School of Medicine (public)
4. Eastern Virginia Medical School (public)
5. Albany Medical College (private)

6. University of Utah
Middle Targets:
1. The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University (private)
2. George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences (private)
3. Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center (private)
4. Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (private)

5. Virginia Common Wealth University School of Medicine (public)
6. Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University (private)
7. Drexel University College of Medicine (private)
High targets:
1. The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio (public)
2. University of Kentucky (public)
3. Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center North Carolina (Private)
4. Georgetown University School of Medicine (private)
5. Medical College of Wisconsin (private)
6. Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine (private)

I keep one Texas school on my list for now, but I may take it off depend on how complex the additional application Texas school requires...most likely I will take it off tho:) Are there any other schools I should add or take off? The more I do research, the more nervous I get...feeling like I am not applying enough school or my chance to get in is little lol.

I see you're going to apply to the unrealstic schools despite the advice we've given you, so, good luck!

Safety School:
Reaches:

6. University of Utah
Middle Targets:
2. George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences (private)
4. Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (private)

High targets:
3. Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center North Carolina (Private)

I keep one Texas school on my list for now, but I may take it off depend on how complex the additional application Texas school requires...most likely I will take it off tho:) Are there any other schools I should add or take off? The more I do research, the more nervous I get...feeling like I am not applying enough school or my chance to get in is little lol.
[/QUOTE]

Safety School:
Reaches:

6. University of Utah
Middle Targets:

High targets:

[/QUOTE]

Oops, Sorry I forgot to take Brown off my list. I meant to do that. The only other one you advised me to take off too is Texas and I said most likely I will take off too. I did not ignore your advice. I took off all the schools you told me too. I apologized if I appeared to that way.

CA sends about 16,000 kids (with stats like yours and better) to other states. The only one I could recommend for you is Loma Linda (if you are SDA or especially devout).

TX schools have a statutory mandate to matriculate at least 90% IS. You have a low but detectable chance at Foster, maybe SA. I can't really recommend this, though.

You are a good candidate for both CA DO schools.
Sorry I cannot help myself to jump in. 16000 kids with MCAT>30 and GPA>3.7 have to go OOS for med school; that is just crazy numbers. That 16000 highly qualified students are enough to fill 150 medical schools...Wow...I feel sorry for all those students

Sorry I cannot help myself to jump in. 16000 kids with MCAT>30 and GPA>3.7 have to go OOS for med school; that is just crazy numbers. That 16000 highly qualified students are enough to fill 150 medical schools...Wow...I feel sorry for all those students
Yes. That is my best estimate based on the stats of kids on my waitlist and the AAMC data (1480 last year, to be precise).

University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson
University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix
The Common Wealth Medical College, Pennsylvania
University of Louisville School of Medicine (public)
New York Medical College (private)
West Virginia University School of Medicine (public)
Eastern Virginia Medical School EMVS (public)
Albany Medical College (private)
University of Utah
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences (private)
Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center (private)
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (private)
Virginia Common Wealth University School of Medicine (public)
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University (private)
Drexel University College of Medicine (private)
Frank H. Netter M.D. School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University (Public)
University of Kentucky (public)
Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center North Carolina (Private)
Georgetown University School of Medicine (private)
Medical College of Wisconsin (private)
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine (private)
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, New Jersey (public)
Loyola University Chicago Stritch school of Medicine (private)
Tuft University School of Medicine (private)
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine (private)
Western Michigan University School of Medicine (Private)
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine (Public)
University of Vermont College of Medicine (Public)
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (public)
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth (private)

So I have been researching through old posts with stat similar like mine + MSAR, and I came up with this final list, which has 30 MD schools. Fortunately financial is not an issue for me as long as it increases my chance to get into medical school next app process. And I promise this will be last time posting to confirm my list (knowing I have been posting lot...). Please let me know if there is any school I can add or should take off. Thank you in advance.
Also Thanks a lot for GORO and GYNGYN's previous feedbacks and others...:)

That's a powerhouse BS score on the MCAT. I'm a biology Ph.D candidate and I've only gotten a 14 on one of the AAMC practice exams out of all the MCAT stuff I've ever done. The other two scores are nothing to send to your mother to put on her fridge, that's for sure.

Your GPA isn't bad: I would go so far as to call it "good". It's better than mine and better than the average applicant's, at any rate. Being a nurse is also a really solid EC that demonstrates extensive clinical experience.

So, you have a good GPA and a 31 MCAT: if we look at it this way, you have a 78.3% chance of an acceptance to at least one medical school. However, if they average the two, your odds go down to 37.5%. Ouch. I would actually call some admissions offices and apply to schools that weigh the retake higher than the original tests.

That's a powerhouse BS score on the MCAT. I'm a biology Ph.D candidate and I've only gotten a 14 on one of the AAMC practice exams out of all the MCAT stuff I've ever done. The other two scores are nothing to send to your mother to put on her fridge, that's for sure.

Your GPA isn't bad: I would go so far as to call it "good". It's better than mine and better than the average applicant's, at any rate. Being a nurse is also a really solid EC that demonstrates extensive clinical experience.

So, you have a good GPA and a 31 MCAT: if we look at it this way, you have a 78.3% chance of an acceptance to at least one medical school. However, if they average the two, your odds go down to 37.5%. Ouch. I would actually call some admissions offices and apply to schools that weigh the retake higher than the original tests.

I sure will. Thanks a lot. Any other thoughts/opinions?

University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson
University of Arizona College of Medicine, Phoenix
The Common Wealth Medical College, Pennsylvania
University of Louisville School of Medicine (public)
New York Medical College (private)
West Virginia University School of Medicine (public)
Eastern Virginia Medical School EMVS (public)
Albany Medical College (private)
University of Utah
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences (private)
Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center (private)
Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (private)
Virginia Common Wealth University School of Medicine (public)
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University (private)
Drexel University College of Medicine (private)
Frank H. Netter M.D. School of Medicine at Quinnipiac University (Public)
University of Kentucky (public)
Wake Forest School of Medicine of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center North Carolina (Private)
Georgetown University School of Medicine (private)
Medical College of Wisconsin (private)
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine (private)
Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, New Jersey (public)
Loyola University Chicago Stritch school of Medicine (private)
Tuft University School of Medicine (private)
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine (private)
Western Michigan University School of Medicine (Private)
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine (Public)
University of Vermont College of Medicine (Public)
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (public)
Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth (private)

So I have been researching through old posts with stat similar like mine + MSAR, and I came up with this final list, which has 30 MD schools. Fortunately financial is not an issue for me as long as it increases my chance to get into medical school next app process. And I promise this will be last time posting to confirm my list (knowing I have been posting lot...). Please let me know if there is any school I can add or should take off. Thank you in advance.
Also Thanks a lot for GORO and GYNGYN's previous feedbacks and others...:)

Looks great.

You should get multiple interviews/acceptances.

I'd still shadow 1 or 2 physicians if you can find the time.

Good Luck!

I actually worked in Peri-op Area and gotta spent least 40 hours in OR where I got to watch a cardiothoracic, vascular and ENT surgery, I guess it can be considered as shadowing? Anyway, I plan to find a DO and shadow soon too.

Thanks lot for your feedback. Meant a lot:)

Last year there were 5692 applicants from CA. 888 matriculated IS (15.6%). Another 1480 matriculated OOS (26%).
3,324 did not matriculate (58.4%). On an average year about twice as many applicants are accepted OOS compared to IS. The decimal was off in the original post so I hope to clarify...