What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lesi7556

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
lol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How do you already know that "you will get a 3.8 every semester until the start of next fall"?

Reactions: 1 users
How do you already know that "you will get a 3.8 every semester until the start of next fall"?

Lol, exactly how I felt.. if you have a 2.8005 over 60 units and are even getting a 3.6 this semester, how are you assuming that you will get a 3.8 for the rest of your years? Only your summer grades will be taken into account, your Fall grades will be submitted in the December update though if you are waitlisted or put on hold for your grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not assuming. That's the goal I set for myself and I fully intend to reach it

I'm not assuming. That's the goal I set for myself and I fully intend to reach it

That's still an assumption because you've only done it one quarter/semester and at a level lower than what you say you will get. Either way the information is above. I've already been accepted to a pharmacy program and even though my GPA is over 3.7 cumulative right now I don't know how I will do quarter to quarter just based on the classes. Good luck, just don't start count your eggs before they hatch.

Reactions: 1 user
Oops. After taking my physics final.. I'm actually gonna get a 3.8 so I'm right there..

I was just asking a general question about the stats and what I needed to achieve. Obviously I have a lot more to do to get there but I just wanted to get an idea of how the process works

It sounds good that you're starting an upward trend, but the only things you've told us are your cumulative grades. Pharmacy schools look at more than that. Even if you tell us some of your other activities, we can't tell you your chances without seeing your essay-writing skills, resume, interview skills, etc. Keep that in mind when you read any WAMC posts on SDN too. Even people that list great "stats" may have elements missing from making them a well-rounded candidate.

I am the president of the pre pharmacy club at my university and I have been working at a pharmacy for a year and a half. I will get 3 strong LOR's and I am taking the PCAT in October of next year

Taking the PCAT in October is not recommended in my opinion. It's near mid-terms and it's difficult to study hours a day for the PCAT when you're taking several classes. I recommend a July or September one. Also, if you take it in October, you won't be able to apply early decision. You'll have a better chance in schools with rolling admission if you apply early decision.

As for your grades, the summer and previous grades will be the only ones reflected in your pharmCAS gpa until the academic update which begins mid-December. During this time, you'll have a chance to submit your fall grades to pharmCAS.

Set up your application when you're avoiding homework this spring and get familiar with the process. Request your LORs as soon as the new application cycle begins (June I think) and work on your personal statement. This will give you time to finesse your application and be prepared.

I did the same thing you're doing and rushed everything at the last minute. It seems like you have everything planned, but you've left no room for anything to go wrong. I didn't get in the first time I applied for this reason. Start working on everything early!

generally all you need is a pen, willingness to take 300K in loans and a pulse and you'll get into "A" pharmacy school. your stats, LOR, activities won't matter to them, long as you can give them $$$$, that's how easy it is. but if you want to go into a more reputable, cheaper school, then yeah work on that gpa, and get work experience. with new schools every year and expanding class sizes, i'm pretty confident you'll land in somewhere so don't stress out too much. keep working hard on your grades and activities, don't worry too much on when your grade is taken into account for pharmacy schools. and upward trend is better than downward trend, why ask this question? are you saying you'll do a downward trend for any reason? you have no choice but to do upward trend so focus on that, doesn't matter if they take stock in it or not but yeah up is better than down, no one will disagree w/that from your position.

Reactions: 1 user
Seeing as you:
- "will get a 3.8 GPA every semester until next fall" and
- "will get 3 strong LOR's",
then by using this leap of faith as a premise to your logic, you "will get into pharmacy school."

Taking the PCAT in October is not recommended in my opinion. It's near mid-terms and it's difficult to study hours a day for the PCAT when you're taking several classes. I recommend a July or September one. Also, if you take it in October, you won't be able to apply early decision. You'll have a better chance in schools with rolling admission if you apply early decision.

As for your grades, the summer and previous grades will be the only ones reflected in your pharmCAS gpa until the academic update which begins mid-December. During this time, you'll have a chance to submit your fall grades to pharmCAS.

Set up your application when you're avoiding homework this spring and get familiar with the process. Request your LORs as soon as the new application cycle begins (June I think) and work on your personal statement. This will give you time to finesse your application and be prepared.

I did the same thing you're doing and rushed everything at the last minute. It seems like you have everything planned, but you've left no room for anything to go wrong. I didn't get in the first time I applied for this reason. Start working on everything early!
The problem is that I will be taking Ochem over the summer and I need A's in both courses so I will dedicate june and July to that. I will only have August to study for the pcat so I guess late September is the earliest I can do. thanks for all the info!