What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agd12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I have an overall 3.7 GPA and a science GPA of 3.45 do you think its possible I can get into dental school? I do undergrad research and have also won research grants and I'm getting my work published along with me being an RA for three years, SGA member, Ambassador, started a pre-dental society, and I am a greek member. I also work another job on top of that with a little over 20 hrs a week and I tutor people. I have a little over 200 shadowing hrs and tons of community service hours. I'm signed up to take the DAT in a few months if I can at least score a 20 would I have a possibility?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are serious with the question then the best way to utilize SDN is probably to read similar forums first and then start a post if you still cannot find your answer. There are too many applicants with extremely similar states to yours asking if they can get in. You may want to rephrase your question to sound less like you are trolling on here. A 3.7 GPA and assuming 20AA and you want to know if it is possible to get into Dental school hmmm....

Very low chance.... if you scored a 12 on the DAT

Reactions: 1 user
looks like you should have done some undergraduate research on the search function and average stats of schools lol

This is a classic case of someone who every pre-dental student looks up to because you are the person who created the pre-dental society. The truth is that you don't know enough.

I saw a few other posts that the President of a pre-dental society is wondering if his 22 on the DAT is worth considering a retake. Posts like these makes me wonder..

Just use the hard earned cash from your job and invest in the ADEA 2015 book.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I don't see the point of this forum if people are just going to be rude

I don't see the point of this forum if people are just going to be rude

Well, the people who do ask about chance me are those who has a low gpa, conducted an academic dishonesty, high GPA and Low dat or vice versa, and someone that didn't get in last cycle.

The truth is that you do not fall in any of these categories. You have a 3.7 GPA And maybe a 20 on the DAT. And when you were typing up your extracirc. activities, do you stop and wonder if you are typing too much?

Here is an average Joe. Someone who has a 3.4-3.5 GPA and scored a 19 on the DAT. The person probably shadowed about 60-100 hours, volunteer at a food pantry or something along of those lines for about 70 hours, and is Asian or white.

I hope that helps and can give you an idea where you stand.

Well, the people who do ask about chance me are those who has a low gpa, conducted an academic dishonesty, high GPA and Low dat or vice versa, and someone that didn't get in last cycle.

The truth is that you do not fall in any of these categories. You have a 3.7 GPA And maybe a 20 on the DAT. And when you were typing up your extracirc. activities, do you stop and wonder if you are typing too much?

Here is an average Joe. Someone who has a 3.4-3.5 GPA and scored a 19 on the DAT. The person probably shadowed about 60-100 hours, volunteer at a food pantry or something along of those lines for about 70 hours, and is Asian or white.

I hope that helps and can give you an idea where you stand.

Yeah that helps. I was just asking a question. All I do is stress about getting in so just seeing others opinions. I'm hispanic to so maybe that'll help

You nailed it. But my name is not Joe.

The truth is that you don't know enough.
6m.jpg

If you are asking me to stroke your ego, I charge 50 dollars an hour.

Then what else can I do?

There are plenty of posts that include excel files. They have listed schools and avg oGPA, sGPA, etc.
You can look over the stats of people who got the interviews from other posts as well.
If you are REALLY concerned, just like everyone above said, you should just use the search bar.