What are my chances? :/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twiggy4628

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My GPA is very low at 3.1; I graduated with a BS in Chemistry and an BA in English. I've been volunteering in a hospital pharmacy for the last year and work part time as a pharmacy technician in retail for the last 3 months. I worked as a TA for a microbiology lab. I got a 92 on my PCAT and have excellent references from the pharmacy managers at the hospital and retail. What are the reasonable chances? Not sure if this is enough considering my low GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Considering the fact that you have retail experience, you should be fine, the PCAT score you've made is pretty much sufficient enough for you to be recognized. With that being said, worry more about your personal letter and your letter of references and you'll do great. I've seen other GPA's that were far lower accepted.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much Ph4macistJ! I really appreciate your thoughtful reply. This gives me hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPA is very low at 3.1; I graduated with a BS in Chemistry and an BA in English. I've been volunteering in a hospital pharmacy for the last year and work part time as a pharmacy technician in retail for the last 3 months. I worked as a TA for a microbiology lab. I got a 92 on my PCAT and have excellent references from the pharmacy managers at the hospital and retail. What are the reasonable chances? Not sure if this is enough considering my low GPA.

I did not have a strong cGPA or a strong PCAT score, but I had very strong LOR's, experience, sGPA, extracurriculars and research experience at my college. I ended up scoring an interview for the only school that I have applied. :) Don't worry, it is not ALL about GPA and PCAT scores, pharmacy schools want to know ALL about you! Good luck!

Wow, that's great Primus25! Glad that worked out and thank you! :)

I did not have a strong cGPA or a strong PCAT score, but I had very strong LOR's, experience, sGPA, extracurriculars and research experience at my college. I ended up scoring an interview for the only school that I have applied. :) Don't worry, it is not ALL about GPA and PCAT scores, pharmacy schools want to know ALL about you! Good luck!

you got an interview probably because the admission standards drops so much for pharmacy school admission. though the schools want well rounded applicants, many well applicants should first have high GPA and PCAT in order to prove the rigor and strength of the profession.

good luck with pharmacy school though