Sep 5, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello everyone,

I just submitted my ADSASS application yesterday. I have ~3.2 cum. gpa, sgpa slightly lower and nsgpa slightly higher. I graduated from UCONN with a bachelor's of science in Allied Health Sciences. I applied to USC, NYU, UoP, UNLV, UCONN, BU, Maryland, Temple and Pittsburgh. I take the DAT in October and am aiming to get 20 or above on all of the sections. I have a strong personal statement and letters of recommendation, and 500+ hours shadowing a general dentist. I also have 5 family members that are NYUCD alumni. What are my chances? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

OSUkid

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Oct 27, 2014
Gotham
Hello everyone,

I just submitted my ADSASS application yesterday. I have ~3.2 cum. gpa, sgpa slightly lower and nsgpa slightly higher. I graduated from UCONN with a bachelor's of science in Allied Health Sciences. I applied to USC, NYU, UoP, UNLV, UCONN, BU, Maryland, Temple and Pittsburgh. I take the DAT in October and am aiming to get 20 or above on all of the sections. I have a strong personal statement and letters of recommendation, and 500+ hours shadowing a general dentist. I also have 5 family members that are NYUCD alumni. What are my chances? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Will it be a bit late in the cycle then? Since you take in October and as @whitepapertree said maybe 2-3 weeks to update, plus your 3.2GPA does not give you the slightest of advantages. Why not just apply next cycle with a more confident starting point.