DO what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

giguerex35

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey this is my first time posting so hope i did it right.
I wanted to know what my chances are for DO school and where is should apply
Also wanted to know if i had any shot at any DO/PhD program (MSU?)

white male
Biology major
I have a 3.39 cGPA 3.3sGPA MCAT 508
2+ years of research and 1 publication
Lots of volunteer work including at a local hospital
From New York
Good LOR including a committee letter, have a DO letter as well
I do have a few Ws as i wthdrew from one semester because i go to school far from home and has to leave becasue of a death in the family (is that bad?/how can i explain that to admissions committee?)

i know there is no longer grade replacement so wanted to know if i have a shot
 
Hey this is my first time posting so hope i did it right.
I wanted to know what my chances are for DO school and where is should apply
Also wanted to know if i had any shot at any DO/PhD program (MSU?)

white male
Biology major
I have a 3.39 cGPA 3.3sGPA MCAT 508
2+ years of research and 1 publication
Lots of volunteer work including at a local hospital
From New York
Good LOR including a committee letter, have a DO letter as well
I do have a few Ws as i wthdrew from one semester because i go to school far from home and has to leave becasue of a death in the family (is that bad?/how can i explain that to admissions committee?)

i know there is no longer grade replacement so wanted to know if i have a shot

You can def explain that in your secondary essays. Many schools give you a chance to explain bad grades. If you want, you might try to allude it to in your personal statement by explaining it influenced your decision to go into medicine.

I am not so familiar with DO/PhD. Honestly, I would just apply. You do have a publication.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.65 cum
3.59 sci

Hey guys! So I am a white female and a Florida resident who has taken the mcat twice and received scores of a 495 both times. I have been taking a Kaplan mcat course with tutoring for 6 months now averaging scores from 500-505. I have received my mcat score back that being a 510. Also, I dropped the course genetics and got a C+ in orgo.
- 500 hours research with two surgeons with a pending publication
- A year of volunteer work with homeless shelter
- Server for 2 years
- Assistant Manager at Dairy Queen for a year
- Shadowed two surgeons and a gastroenterologist
I plan on applying to all the florida schools only
Do I have any shot at any florida schools???
 
3.65 cum
3.59 sci

Hey guys! So I am a white female and a Florida resident who has taken the mcat twice and received scores of a 495 both times. I have been taking a Kaplan mcat course with tutoring for 6 months now averaging scores from 500-505. I have received my mcat score back that being a 510. Also, I dropped the course genetics and got a C+ in orgo.
- 500 hours research with two surgeons with a pending publication
- A year of volunteer work with homeless shelter
- Server for 2 years
- Assistant Manager at Dairy Queen for a year
- Shadowed two surgeons and a gastroenterologist
I plan on applying to all the florida schools only
Do I have any shot at any florida schools???
You need your own thread! This one is for OP.
 
3.65 cum
3.59 sci

Hey guys! So I am a white female and a Florida resident who has taken the mcat twice and received scores of a 495 both times. I have been taking a Kaplan mcat course with tutoring for 6 months now averaging scores from 500-505. I have received my mcat score back that being a 510. Also, I dropped the course genetics and got a C+ in orgo.
- 500 hours research with two surgeons with a pending publication
- A year of volunteer work with homeless shelter
- Server for 2 years
- Assistant Manager at Dairy Queen for a year
- Shadowed two surgeons and a gastroenterologist
I plan on applying to all the florida schools only
Do I have any shot at any florida schools???
hey you have to make you own thread haha