What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jleebc01

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here are my stats:

Graduated from BC CUNY last year with a B.S. in Biology
CumGPA is 3.85
SciGPA 3.88

HCE:
-Volunteered in general post-op care (hospital setting) - accumulated 200 hrs
-Volunteered as an OR assistant in Neurosurgery and in the Neurosurgery Clinic (hospital setting) -accumulated 570 hrs
-Community services (non-health related) for NYCares and my college- accumulated 250 hrs
-Crew Chief EMT-B for a volunteer ambulance service (700 hours)
-EMT-B for a paid company (accumulated about 200 hours)
-NYC beach lifeguard for seven consecutive years (since age of 16).... should I exclude?

Activities:
-Current research lab member in Macromolecular structure/Bioinformatics... manuscript in preparation
-Research assistant in Microbiology lab for a year
-Employed Tutor for Brooklyn CUNY for Human anatomy and physiology I & II
-Member of SAAC (student athlete advisory committee) - volunteer projects for the community
-BC CUNY Women's Swimming & Diving team Captain (swimmer for four consecutive years)

Honors:
-4k Scholarship for outstanding achievements from a BC alumni (an MD)
-BC CUNY Student-Athlete of the month award (4 consecutive years)
-Women's Swimming Coach's Award for leadership and performance
-CUNYAC (CUNY Athletic Conference) Women's Swimming & Diving All-Star award


Now, as for my practice MCAT (AAMC), It seems that I will be hitting a score close to 511...

I plan to apply to 27 schools throughout NY, NJ, PA, CT, FL, and CA to schools that have a MCAT median within 508-513 and a GPA of 3.8, and I only plan to apply to 3 reach schools located in NY: Albert Einstein, Mount Sinai, and Hofstra.

What are my chances in getting accepted to these schools given my stats? Should I apply to any other reach schools or should I not even bother wasting my money?