What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jleebc01

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here are my stats:

Graduated from BC CUNY last year with a B.S. in Biology
CumGPA is 3.85
SciGPA 3.88

HCE:
-Volunteered in general post-op care (hospital setting) - accumulated 200 hrs
-Volunteered as an OR assistant in Neurosurgery and in the Neurosurgery Clinic (hospital setting) -accumulated 570 hrs
-Community services (non-health related) for NYCares and my college- accumulated 250 hrs
-Crew Chief EMT-B for a volunteer ambulance service (700 hours)
-EMT-B for a paid company (accumulated about 200 hours)
-NYC beach lifeguard for seven consecutive years (since age of 16).... should I exclude?

Activities:
-Current research lab member in Macromolecular structure/Bioinformatics... manuscript in preparation
-Research assistant in Microbiology lab for a year
-Employed Tutor for Brooklyn CUNY for Human anatomy and physiology I & II
-Member of SAAC (student athlete advisory committee) - volunteer projects for the community
-BC CUNY Women's Swimming & Diving team Captain (swimmer for four consecutive years)

Honors:
-4k Scholarship for outstanding achievements from a BC alumni (an MD)
-BC CUNY Student-Athlete of the month award (4 consecutive years)
-Women's Swimming Coach's Award for leadership and performance
-CUNYAC (CUNY Athletic Conference) Women's Swimming & Diving All-Star award

Now, as for my practice MCAT (AAMC), It seems that I will be hitting a score close to 511...

I plan to apply to 27 schools throughout NY, NJ, PA, CT, FL, and CA to schools that have a MCAT median within 508-513 and a GPA of 3.8, and I only plan to apply to 3 reach schools located in NY: Albert Einstein, Mount Sinai, and Hofstra.

What are my chances in getting accepted to these schools given my stats? Should I apply to any other reach schools or should I not even bother wasting my money?

Members don't see this ad.