What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beantown101

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey thank you in advance for your input. I am a white applicant, CA resident, went to a top 20 undergraduate school, sGPA of 3.94 and cGPA of 3.96. MCAT 516. Had 3 research experiences, shadowing experience, volunteering at hospitals and retirement home, TA of a science class, member of a few honors societies and had leadership positions such as VP and secretary in multiple clubs in my school. I think my essays/ LOR are good. Where do you think I should be aiming for?

Members don't see this ad.

You could receive interviews at any of these schools:
Your CA schools
Boston University
Tufts
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Cincinnati
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
Miami
West Virginia

Reactions: 1 user
You could receive interviews at any of these schools:
Your CA schools
Boston University
Tufts
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
NYU
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Medical College Wisconsin
Cincinnati
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
Miami
West Virginia
Thanks for the input. I have many of those schools on my list. Am I out of range for upper Ivy's like harvard, yale, columbia and cornell?

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my list as of now:
Dartmouth
Columbia
Yale
Tufts
Einstein
Cornell
BU
UPENN
Mount Sinai
Georgetown
SUNY Downstate
Jefferson
Harvard
UCD
UCI
UCSD
UCSF
UCLA
UCR
NYU
USC
Stanford
Emory
Brown
Duke
Hofstra
U Miami
Cal Northstate

My app was verified Aug 3rd and I received/sent in all the secondaries so far except UCSD and UCSF. Hoping to get them in the following week.

Hey thank you in advance for your input. I am a white applicant, CA resident, went to a top 20 undergraduate school, sGPA of 3.94 and cGPA of 3.96. MCAT 516. Had 3 research experiences, shadowing experience, volunteering at hospitals and retirement home, TA of a science class, member of a few honors societies and had leadership positions such as VP and secretary in multiple clubs in my school. I think my essays/ LOR are good. Where do you think I should be aiming for?
You're golden....Aim high.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Goro and Faha. I just received word from USC that I have been rejected. I feel as though it is very early as I have not received any interviews and, specifically I completed the USC secondary August 5th. Is this weird or unconventional? Should I be worried

No, it is only one school. You could add more schools from my list if you want to increase your chances for more interviews.