What are my Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseballfan46

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this is a very popular question but I am dying to know the possibility of pursing my dream as a physician. A little background information about myself, I graduated with a undergrad degree in biomedical sciences with a GPA of 3.3, I am currently enrolled in a Respiratory program with a 4.0 GPA and currently have 1000+ clinical hours. I am also working as a medical assistant at a dermatology office under a DO. I have letters of reccomendation from my program director, a science instructor, along with a letter of reccomendation from the DO I work for. I am planning to take the mcat in September and feel that I will score in the 508 range. What are my chances?
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Post your MCAT score here when available and we can advise you on your chances for DO schools. Where is your state of residence ?

Post your MCAT score here when available and we can advise you on your chances for DO schools. Where is your state of residence ?
Will do, I currently reside in Arizona. I’m not sure if ethnicity will be beneficial but I am a Hispanic male as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
You may have a chance at MD schools depending on your MCAT score.
I appreciate the response. I have been studying for the mcat daily for my test date in September. I figured my mcat score will determine which route I will end up taking.