1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

what are my chances?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by DimZum, Aug 10, 2006.

1. DimZum

DimZum Junior Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    ohk guys, so check this out. I am some what stressed out over this and I would love to hear your opinions. I'm currently an undergraduate student, rising-sophmore.

Fall 2006 I will start my sophomore year. I've fullfilled all of the general chem courses and a bio 101 course. This fall I will be taking bio 102 and organic chem 1. I have PCATs in OCT DURING my bio102 and orgo chem 1 classes...I also registered for the KAPLAN PCAT prep course which will take place during that fall right before the OCT test.

This means that I will have to take the OCT PCATS with a lack of courses: bio102 (which is basically bio 2), organic chem 1 and 2.

Question 1: Do I take my chances and take the OCT test? hoping that prep course will help me?

cons: gpa might suffer due to focus on pcats.

OPTION 2:
    Cancel PCAT OCT register for PCAT JANuary.

This will allow me to finish my bio 2 and organic chem 1 and I will only be missing organic chem 2. I will also have winter break to study more.

con: by cancelling OCT test, I will basically have one chance, the JAN. test, to score well and get into the Fall 2007 pharmacy class. IF I do bad on pcats in JAN, I will have to wait until JUNE to take it again which means I will have to spend another year as an undergrad and not be accepted to the FAll 2007 class.

Do I keep the OCT test date, and hope that I do good, if I don't then I will have experience for already taking the test, and I will have a second chance in Jan to try and do better? Or should I just focus on the Jan date and forget about OCT?

any advice will help. want to know more just ask.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.