what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avpharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I was wondering where I have the best chances/what are my chances. Here are my stats:
GPA: ~3.6 (Science ~3.73)
PCAT: 95 (Chem 81, Bio 65, Reading 99, Math 98, Verbal 80)
- I took the pcat without having taken bio or orgo yet but I have since then completed bio with an A and currently have an A in my orgo class
I am a second-year college student -- no bachelor's
I have worked in a pharmacy for the past two years
My volunteer and extracurricular experience is alright... - quite a few activities just no major ones that really stand out
Thanks for your help or advice! :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

You have a snowball's chance in hell... Just kidding.. you're right where you need to be academically. But I have a friend with stats similar to yours and was rejected outright by a few schools. You have to have personality and compassion for people... passion for the profession as well... best of luck

do you remember where your friend was rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
stats only get you in the interview. in the end its all about how you portray yourself at the interview. Like mentioned, people with stellar stats may get rejected. I have friends with 4.0 who were rejected from a few schools.

Well what about for the people whose stats, are not above average but they really have a passion for helping people and pharmacy, would they still be considered for an interview or are their chances like a snowball in hell?

MWU-Glendale a very hard school to get into....

I had a 43 on the pcat and still got an interview and was actually waitlisted my first time around. My GPA is very high and I have a lot of work experience/volunteer experience/pharmacy experience... other things helped me get that interview and in the interview I really shined... so it depends on so many things.

Well what about for the people whose stats, are not above average but they really have a passion for helping people and pharmacy, would they still be considered for an interview or are their chances like a snowball in hell?

Show your passion on your personal statement and then nail your interview. Don't say what the adcom wants to hear. They can tell between someone who loves pharmacy and someone who would love to make 100K. If your grades and PCAT are all average, you still have a good chance. Make sure your volunteer work reflects WHO YOU ARE and not volunteer work that's generic type stuff.