What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AdaAda87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 3.09 and if I do well this qtr I should have a 3.20, cumulative gpa. The only thing is that I have a D in physiology, and repeated two classes, and the grades are already factored into the gpa shown above. I have 2 years dental assisting exp, and 2 years of research, and I have yet to take my DATs, Do you think I have any chance of getting into dental school if I apply this upcoming cycle? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I currently have a 3.09 and if I do well this qtr I should have a 3.20, cumulative gpa. The only thing is that I have a D in physiology, and repeated two classes, and the grades are already factored into the gpa shown above. I have 2 years dental assisting exp, and 2 years of research, and I have yet to take my DATs, Do you think I have any chance of getting into dental school if I apply this upcoming cycle? thanks!

We need to know your DAT score. It's the deciding factor here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do the best you can and you will increase your chances...which no one really knows. Getting into school is sometimes doesn't make sense. Like me not getting into certain schools with my grades, but others getting in with lower scores...and vice versa.

Obtain the maximum possible and let the chips fall.

Knowing your DAT score would be irrelevent. The higher your score the better your chances...whatever they may be. I hope this makes sense.

Yup, I understand, the only thing i dont plan on taking my DAT's till july, and by that time I should have submitted my application. I am really worried about the D in physio, like for say I do exceptionally well on the DATs, would that overshadow the D? Thanks!!!

If a school requires Physio as a prereq, you'll have to redo the class (schools want at least a C in all prereqs). I think a retake of it would be smart anyway, as physio is a great study class for the DAT.