SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What are my chances?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by AdaAda87, May 13, 2008.

1. AdaAda87

AdaAda87 2+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2008
    I currently have a 3.09 and if I do well this qtr I should have a 3.20, cumulative gpa. The only thing is that I have a D in physiology, and repeated two classes, and the grades are already factored into the gpa shown above. I have 2 years dental assisting exp, and 2 years of research, and I have yet to take my DATs, Do you think I have any chance of getting into dental school if I apply this upcoming cycle? thanks!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jigabodo

jigabodo Dentist 10+ Year Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    We need to know your DAT score. It's the deciding factor here.
  4. doc3232

doc3232 7+ Year Member

Feb 15, 2008
  5. 1992Corolla

1992Corolla CheerioKing 7+ Year Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Do the best you can and you will increase your chances...which no one really knows. Getting into school is sometimes doesn't make sense. Like me not getting into certain schools with my grades, but others getting in with lower scores...and vice versa.

Obtain the maximum possible and let the chips fall.

Knowing your DAT score would be irrelevent. The higher your score the better your chances...whatever they may be. I hope this makes sense.
  6. AdaAda87

AdaAda87 2+ Year Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Yup, I understand, the only thing i dont plan on taking my DAT's till july, and by that time I should have submitted my application. I am really worried about the D in physio, like for say I do exceptionally well on the DATs, would that overshadow the D? Thanks!!!
  7. airsimon

airsimon 5+ Year Member

Feb 2, 2007
    If a school requires Physio as a prereq, you'll have to redo the class (schools want at least a C in all prereqs). I think a retake of it would be smart anyway, as physio is a great study class for the DAT.