What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bearsfosho

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So just got my score for the MCAT and thought I would go to the masses for an honest opinion. So here are my stats so please honestly comment on my chances for Podiatry schools.

GPA: ~3.0 Attended Baylor, local community school and University of Texas Dallas
MCAT: 20 R

Planning on applying to all 8 podiatry schools in september and I thought I would ask the people what they think my chances are in getting into one of those schools. Please help me out I am very nervous after seeing my score and I just wanna cry and lay in the fetal position until I die of shame.

Thanks.

PS: I am a minority, Asian by descent and I think I have a very compelling personal statement and pretty good LORs so there everything is out in the open and you guys tell me what you think.

Members don't see this ad.

what is your scGPA? from my meetings with admissions and feedback from people who have been through it all, a 20 isnt bad on MCAT for podiatry admissions if you have a strong GPA - but like i said, i havent been through the process of it all to know for sure... i will be applying in september as well, and i take the MCAT this thursday --> very nervous :S lol

Non science: pretty good ~ 3.2-3.3 not sure exactly different calculations show different things
Science: its ok i guess ~2.8-3.0 again different calculations show different

Breakdown on the MCAT:
V 5
P 7
B 8
writing: R (85-94 percentile) just thought this might make it look a little better

Anyone think I should retake please let me know because I am not sure if I need to or have to, but if I dont need to then I will certainly not ever take that f$&*ing test again.

people who have been accepted or talked to admissions at the pod schools please also comment on my stuff thanks again

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The high writing score and terrible verbal score seem a bit unusual. I assumed the writing letter was not really looked at but I may be wrong. I would imagine you will get into a few schools with your background. Apply early and interview decently.

Non science: pretty good ~ 3.2-3.3 not sure exactly different calculations show different things
Science: its ok i guess ~2.8-3.0 again different calculations show different

Breakdown on the MCAT:
V 5
P 7
B 8
writing: R (85-94 percentile) just thought this might make it look a little better

Anyone think I should retake please let me know because I am not sure if I need to or have to, but if I dont need to then I will certainly not ever take that f$&*ing test again.

people who have been accepted or talked to admissions at the pod schools please also comment on my stuff thanks again

You have a decent chance, like the what was said early, make sure you interview well. If you can shadow podiatrists make sure you do so.

I have been volunteering for about 2 years, been shadowing an MD for almost 8 months and have been shadowing a DPM for a while and (currently ~15 hrs total). He is gonna write me a letter too so thats cool.

And I have plans to continue doing all of them until i find out where I am going.