Aug 3, 2009
Texas
Status
Pre-Podiatry
So just got my score for the MCAT and thought I would go to the masses for an honest opinion. So here are my stats so please honestly comment on my chances for Podiatry schools.

GPA: ~3.0 Attended Baylor, local community school and University of Texas Dallas
MCAT: 20 R

Planning on applying to all 8 podiatry schools in september and I thought I would ask the people what they think my chances are in getting into one of those schools. Please help me out I am very nervous after seeing my score and I just wanna cry and lay in the fetal position until I die of shame.

Thanks.

PS: I am a minority, Asian by descent and I think I have a very compelling personal statement and pretty good LORs so there everything is out in the open and you guys tell me what you think.

Jul 22, 2009
Status
Pre-Podiatry
what is your scGPA? from my meetings with admissions and feedback from people who have been through it all, a 20 isnt bad on MCAT for podiatry admissions if you have a strong GPA - but like i said, i havent been through the process of it all to know for sure... i will be applying in september as well, and i take the MCAT this thursday --> very nervous :S lol

OP
B
Aug 3, 2009
Texas
Status
Pre-Podiatry
Non science: pretty good ~ 3.2-3.3 not sure exactly different calculations show different things
Science: its ok i guess ~2.8-3.0 again different calculations show different

Breakdown on the MCAT:
V 5
P 7
B 8
writing: R (85-94 percentile) just thought this might make it look a little better

Anyone think I should retake please let me know because I am not sure if I need to or have to, but if I dont need to then I will certainly not ever take that f$&*ing test again.

people who have been accepted or talked to admissions at the pod schools please also comment on my stuff thanks again

Last edited:

JEWmongous

10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2004
Burlington, VT
Status
The high writing score and terrible verbal score seem a bit unusual. I assumed the writing letter was not really looked at but I may be wrong. I would imagine you will get into a few schools with your background. Apply early and interview decently.

Non science: pretty good ~ 3.2-3.3 not sure exactly different calculations show different things
Science: its ok i guess ~2.8-3.0 again different calculations show different

Breakdown on the MCAT:
V 5
P 7
B 8
writing: R (85-94 percentile) just thought this might make it look a little better

Anyone think I should retake please let me know because I am not sure if I need to or have to, but if I dont need to then I will certainly not ever take that f$&*ing test again.

people who have been accepted or talked to admissions at the pod schools please also comment on my stuff thanks again

Cruton502

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2009
Scholl
Status
Podiatry Student
You have a decent chance, like the what was said early, make sure you interview well. If you can shadow podiatrists make sure you do so.

OP
B
Aug 3, 2009
Texas
Status
Pre-Podiatry
I have been volunteering for about 2 years, been shadowing an MD for almost 8 months and have been shadowing a DPM for a while and (currently ~15 hrs total). He is gonna write me a letter too so thats cool.

And I have plans to continue doing all of them until i find out where I am going.