What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AzureScarlet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, long time lurker first time poster.

I am a CA resident, currently a junior and looking to apply this summer. My overall GPA is 3.96 and my sGPA is around 3.97. I took my MCAT in January and got 32Q (PS:13 BS:11 VR:8). English is my first language. I'm just bad at VR.

Extracurricular Activities include:
-volunteer in the ICU for ~120hrs and in the ER for ~100hrs.
-been doing research for a year up until now with an upcoming poster presentation and publication in the summer.
-tutor at a local high school for students from low-income families for the past 2 years.
-officer of 2 clubs in charge of organizing both clubs' quarterly all-campus events.
-DJ at the on-campus radio station.
-various other extracurricular activities such as feeding the homeless at soup kitchens.
-shadowed an ER physician (~10hrs) and a pulmonologist (~20hrs).

I will apply to all the CA schools (even though I know this will be a crapshot). I'm thinking of applying to the following schools this application cycle; any feedback/comments are more than welcome:

Stanford
UCSF
UCSD
UCD
UCI
UCLA
USC
Colorado
UConn
Iowa
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
OHSU
Georgetown
Maryland
Boston
Penn State
Wake Forest

What are my chances at these schools? Is this list too top heavy? And if so, what other OOS schools are within my range that are OOS friendly? Thank you so much for your time and advice!

Members don't see this ad.