what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dnarwhat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have a 23 mcat and 3.55 cumulative gpa but i don't know the science gpa not sure if podiatry application website gives it. I applied do to osteopathic schools last year, what do you guys think are my chances when i apply to podiatry this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get into any of the Osteopathic schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure u wanna work on feet for the rest of your life?

a shadowed a podiatrist i honestly dont mind working with feet, i think most peoples feet are cleaner the then some peoples mouths.

Any idea why you didn't get into any of the Osteopathic schools you applied to?

I would have to guess it would be the MCAT score. There have been people getting in with a 23, but they are definitely considered underdogs.

a shadowed a podiatrist i honestly dont mind working with feet, i think most peoples feet are cleaner the then some peoples mouths.

Hmm, you don't mind?

Did the doc you shadowed show you the less glamorous side? Like stinky, pus filled pockets of ooze that require surgical debridement at all hours, like Sunday mornings (breakfast anyone?) and 8PM Saturday nights?

Sure feet CAN be cleaner than mouths, but you will not ONLY be working on those. Trust me when I tell you, if you think the way you are writing, Podiatry is NOT what you think.

Hmm, you don't mind?

Did the doc you shadowed show you the less glamorous side? Like stinky, pus filled pockets of ooze that require surgical debridement at all hours, like Sunday mornings (breakfast anyone?) and 8PM Saturday nights?

Sure feet CAN be cleaner than mouths, but you will not ONLY be working on those. Trust me when I tell you, if you think the way you are writing, Podiatry is NOT what you think.

See, now things like that make me feel like a weirdo.

That's the stuff I'm looking forward to, the dirty nasty surgery side.

I spend many many hours doing the worst of the worst jobs for construction, from cleaning out 2ft pipes with black widows from the inside to cleaning out manhole entrances that backed up with garbage after rainstorms.

Did a lot of fast food work in my first jobs, cleaning up people's leftover messes.

I don't mind the dirty. That's the good stuff. At least now I'll get paid better than 10 bucks an hour to do it.

Hey guys, I posted earlier about the good temple interview I had, but the fear of getting wait listed. Does anyone know if they wait list in February or is that more common later in the academic cycle?

Hey guys, I posted earlier about the good temple interview I had, but the fear of getting wait listed. Does anyone know if they wait list in February or is that more common later in the academic cycle?

lol go back to ur own thread

Is that a joke? He's got a 23. The Average for Osteopathic schools is pretty narrow at 27-28. Very few people above that and very few people below that. They also heavily base their acceptance on things like research and hospital work, and give people with post-bacs/second careers preference.

There is a list of super low average MCAT scores (lower 20's) for DO schools I found floating about online, but it's reflective of the matriculates 2005 and the schools that have low scores are generally the lower tier ones...