This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LIGHT561

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello sdn I have a serious question for you all today? Let me start by saying yes I have searched the fourm and I could not find my answer!

P.s. please please forgive me for using the urm term (just using the cards I've been dealt)I know it's a taboo I'm sorry again

I am a 22 year old black male with 3 burglary convinctions from when I was 15 (juvenile felonies). It has been 7 years sense then I have completed probation and have not been in trouble after that period. My GPA is a 3.7,3.8 science GPA at the moment and, I would also like to point out that my crimes will be expanded at age 24 (I'd be ready to apply by age 25)I know it will still be viewable but at least it will help maybe.. no ?

My question I's even with the fact I have 3 juvenile felonies that will be 1) expunged before i apply and will be 10 years with a clean record

2)I am a urm (forgive me cards thing)

3) have and know I can mantain a 3.7 GPA/3.8 science gpa

Combined with some hours and a good Mcat
Do I have any chance let's be honest no sugar coating please and thank you guys .!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello sdn I have a serious question for you all today? Let me start by saying yes I have searched the fourm and I could not find my answer!

P.s. please please forgive me for using the urm term (just using the cards I've been dealt)I know it's a taboo I'm sorry again

I am a 22 year old black male with 3 burglary convinctions from when I was 15 (juvenile felonies). It has been 7 years sense then I have completed probation and have not been in trouble after that period. My GPA is a 3.7,3.8 science GPA at the moment and, I would also like to point out that my crimes will be expanded at age 24 (I'd be ready to apply by age 25)I know it will still be viewable but at least it will help maybe.. no ?

My question I's even with the fact I have 3 juvenile felonies that will be 1) expunged before i apply and will be 10 years with a clean record

2)I am a urm (forgive me cards thing)

3) have and know I can mantain a 3.7 GPA/3.8 science gpa

Combined with some hours and a good Mcat
Do I have any chance let's be honest no sugar coating please and thank you guys .!!!

You'll be fine as long as you stay out of trouble and do the other standard premed stuff (maintain good grades, get a good mcat score, good ECs). Your life turnaround is very impressive. Don't apologize for being URM. You were born that way, nothing wrong with it. Volunteering with at-risk youth to help keep them away from crime and gangs would be a really good EC for you bc that would be the ultimate turnaround for you

Reactions: 1 user
You'll be fine as long as you stay out of trouble and do the other standard premed stuff (maintain good grades, get a good mcat score, good ECs). Your life turnaround is very impressive. Don't apologize for being URM. You were born that way, nothing wrong with it. Volunteering with at-risk youth to help keep them away from crime and gangs would be a really good EC for you bc that would be the ultimate turnaround for you

Thank you for replying I've been freaking out ever since I started to get serious after I graduated high school.
Honestly I never even thought about the volunteering with at risk youth that sounds like a awesome idea thanks a million any other advice would be appreciated guys thank you all !

Members don't see this ad :)
That ****ing typo.

Expanded? You mean expunged?

What's your MCAT? Given your GPA, get 510+ and you'll be golden for a great many schools as long as in each of your ECs reported you have at least 150 hours (2 semesters worth) of commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.