What are my odds?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IAboy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am currently a junior at my college, I have a cum GPA of 3.5 with a Science GPA around 3.3 so far with just organic left to take. I have gotten a B in Bio 1 but a C+ in Bio 2. Gen chem 1 got a B+ and then a C in Gen Chem 2 (bad professor who taught it). Physics 1 B and Physics 2 A. and most Math classes with As. Obviously gotta do well in Organic chem and the MCAT. For extra activities I am an EMT and involved in a couple clubs at my school. Have tons of hours shadowing because my Dad is Family Doc (D.O.) along with a first cousin who is Internist (D.O.) both went to DMU. Just wondering if anybody had any suggestions like retaking Bio 2 or just leaving it how it is? Also just what everybody thinks my odds are because I plan on applying to both D.O. and M.D. schools but have a strong legacy at DMU which I would love to get into. Any thoughts or improvements would greatly be appreciated.

Side note I am a History major at my college, hoping that sets me apart from the norm applicant.

Members don't see this ad.

when do you plan on applying? what is your plan for the MCAT? as a history major, when have you taken for science classes? If that is everything, probably not good because you are schowing the you are mediocre at best in science. it is great that you have a legacy with DMU however their average gpa for science and overall is 3.7ish which is why higher than where you are at.

Also going on a medical mission this summer. and taking a class to become a death investigator, county appointed in Iowa hopefully by end of summer. Don't think I'm going to be taking my MCATs till April or something like that to give me time to get through Orgo 1 and almost through Orgo 2. Any suggestions if you think I should retake that Bio 2 or Gen Chem 2 or just leave them alone?