What are my PT school chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UPDATE AS OF 1/11/13

University: Rowan University
Major: Biology
Overall GPA (PTCAS): 3.11 (no retakes or w's)
PTCAS Science GPA: 3.14 (no retakes or w's)
Overall Pre-Req GPA: 3.12 (no retakes or w's)
GRE: 146V, 147Q, 4.0AW (Highest of two test, I suck at standardized tests)
4 References (2 PT, 2 Professors)
PTCAS Submit Date: 7/22/2012
PTCAS Mailing Date: 8/1/2012

Extra-Curric: University Resident Assistant my junior year, volunteer marine biology research assistant, biology and PRE-SOMA club member. (I spend most of my Extra-Cirric time volunteering and working in PT facilities).

PT Related Employment: I currently work as a part time physical therapy aide at an Ivy Rehabilitation facility and part time as a per diem therapy technician for a HealthSouth inpatient rehab hospital. I also work per diem as a rehabilitation aide (which is pretty much the same as a Therapy Tech and visa versa) for CentraState Hospital.

Volunteer: 1000+ Verified Hours of observation/paid PT related experience, all divided up between acute care inpatient, pulmonary, sub-acute care inpatient, orthopedics, neuro, pediatrics, and geriatrics both inpatient and outpatient.

Applied: LIU-Brooklyn, UMDNJ-Stratford, Richard Stockton, Scranton, Pitt, Arcadia, Widener, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel, University of Maryland-Baltimore, VCU, UNF, St. Augustine FL, USF, University of Florida, NYIT, SUNY Upstate, Clarkson University, WVU, Touro Bay Shore, Franklin Pierce-Concord, Temple, Nova Southeastern

Interviews: NYIT (10/19), UMDNJ-Stratford (12/21)

Wait list: NYIT, Pitt

Denied: University of Maryland-Baltimore, Arcadia, Drexel, Temple, UNF, Scranton

Accepted: None

Starting to lose hope, but just gotta keep grinding

I am very worried as well. I am in a very similar situation. 3.15 GPA ~ for both prerequisite and cumulative GPAs. 320 hours in a hospital setting and about 150 hours at an outpatient clinic. 3-4 references.GRE, 162Q, 161V, 5.0AW.

I know where my problem lies, my GPA. However, I live in a state that is bankrupt and it has impacted the education system so much. It's basically impossible to retake any prerequisite courses at any college without being one of forty people to petition to get into a class of thirty.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't lose hope. All takes is one acceptance to clean that slate. Take me for example. I just got accepted to Univ of Maryland. Don't lose hope you go somewhere

Doe anyone know anything about Utica collge I just got an interview there

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally the waiting is over!

Extra-Curric: University Resident Assistant my junior year, volunteer marine biology research assistant, biology and PRE-SOMA club member. (I spend most of my Extra-Cirric time volunteering and working in PT facilities).

PT Related Employment: I currently work as a part time physical therapy aide at an Ivy Rehabilitation facility and part time as a per diem therapy technician for a HealthSouth inpatient rehab hospital. I also work per diem as a rehabilitation aide (which is pretty much the same as a Therapy Tech and visa versa) for CentraState Hospital.

Volunteer: 1000+ Verified Hours of observation/paid PT related experience, all divided up between acute care inpatient, pulmonary, sub-acute care inpatient, orthopedics, neuro, pediatrics, and geriatrics both inpatient and outpatient.

Applied: LIU-Brooklyn, UMDNJ-Stratford, Richard Stockton, Scranton, Pitt, Arcadia, Widener, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel, University of Maryland-Baltimore, VCU, UNF, St. Augustine FL, USF, University of Florida, NYIT, SUNY Upstate, Clarkson University, WVU, Touro Bay Shore, Franklin Pierce-Concord, Temple, Nova Southeastern

Interviews: NYIT (10/19), UMDNJ/Rutgers-Stratford (12/21)

Wait list: NYIT, Pitt, Thomas Jefferson

Denied: University of Maryland-Baltimore, Arcadia, Drexel, Temple, UNF, Scranton

Accepted: UMDNJ/Rutgers-Stratford!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! This gives me hope. I just wish the wait was over for me as well.

Update
got accepted to University of Maryland Eastern shore, have an interview for Utica and just got put on wait list for Thomas Jefferson. I really hope I get off wait list. does anyone know anything about the wait list option.

240G,

How did you hear from UMES? Email?
Did you have to do an interview?

I heard from them the same day I got the phone call from Stratford which was last Thursday.

Update
got accepted to University of Maryland Eastern shore, have an interview for Utica and just got put on wait list for Thomas Jefferson. I really hope I get off wait list. does anyone know anything about the wait list option.

When did you interview for UMES? I interviewed with them in the beginning of January and have not heard from them yet.

I heard from them in a very fast time like not even in five days but I'm different. Others are just now hearing from though. Is this ur top choice

Just wanted to give another quick update:

Interviews: NYIT (10/19), UMDNJ/Rutgers-Stratford (12/21)

Denied: University of Maryland-Baltimore, Arcadia, Drexel, Temple, UNF, Scranton, SUNY Upstate, USF, St. Augustine FL

Accepted: UMDNJ/Rutgers-Stratford

Don't give up throughout this process do everything in your power to make yourself stand out from the rest of the pack. Send resume updates, additional essays, anything to help yourself stand out. It worked for me and my stats aren't really good.

I have been accepted to Sage College DPT but I can't find any information from students about this program. Is there anyone who can tell me anything specific about it or helpful in making a decision about choosing Sage over other schools? It is most appealling because it is out of state.

Thank you :)

Volunteer: 1500+ Verified Hours of observation/paid PT related experience, all divided up between acute care inpatient, pulmonary, sub-acute care inpatient, orthopedics, neuro, pediatrics, and geriatrics both inpatient and outpatient.

Interviews: NYIT (10/19), UMDNJ/Rutgers-Stratford (12/21), LIU (3/8 Declined)

Denied: University of Maryland-Baltimore, Arcadia, Drexel, Temple, UNF, Scranton, SUNY Upstate, USF, St. Augustine FL, VCU, Richard Stockton,

I am a perfect example to someone with low stats but was able to make up for it by elevating my non-academic credentials. Experience and interview play a huge role in the admissions process. I hope I can offer some hope to someone that doesn't have the greatest stats and is applying to PT school either this cycle or in the following. Don't give up, don't get discouraged, and do whatever you can to show these schools that you want the chance to study at their institution. Congratulations to all the accepted applicants and to all those still waiting just hang in there.

Reactions: 1 user
Not totally true. I'm from Texas and I didn't have a 3.6 GPA. I know they take more in-state applicants, but it all depends on how you interview and how you present yourself along with a solid application.

Did you get into UMB?

Volunteer: 1500+ Verified Hours of observation/paid PT related experience, all divided up between acute care inpatient, pulmonary, sub-acute care inpatient, orthopedics, neuro, pediatrics, and geriatrics both inpatient and outpatient.

Interviews: NYIT (10/19), UMDNJ/Rutgers-Stratford (12/21), LIU (3/8 Declined)

Denied: University of Maryland-Baltimore, Arcadia, Drexel, Temple, UNF, Scranton, SUNY Upstate, USF, St. Augustine FL, VCU, Richard Stockton,

I am a perfect example to someone with low stats but was able to make up for it by elevating my non-academic credentials. Experience and interview play a huge role in the admissions process. I hope I can offer some hope to someone that doesn't have the greatest stats and is applying to PT school either this cycle or in the following. Don't give up, don't get discouraged, and do whatever you can to show these schools that you want the chance to study at their institution. Congratulations to all the accepted applicants and to all those still waiting just hang in there.

Hey do you have any tips for standing out for the stratford group interview? Its my top one and so far, I have been rejected by Drexel, NYIT, WVU, rosalind Frank, and LIU, no acceptances and waitlists! I'm nervous.

Any chance you remember some of the old interview questions?
My volunteer hours and stats arent as great as yours so I really need to impress during the interview.

Hey Everyone,

My name is Joe and I'm just finishing up my first year in Drexel's DPT program. I just started a blog to document my PT school experience as well as discuss various fitness and physical therapy topics.

Joe Rinaldi

I also have an instagram where I post a ton of different exercise ideas, progressions, regressions, etc. - @joe_flofit

Overall GPA (PTCAS): 3.11
Pre-Req GPA: 3.12
GRE: 146V, 147Q, 4.0AW

Extra-Curric: University Resident Assistant my junior year, volunteer marine biology research assistant, biology and PRE-SOMA club member.

PT Related Employment: I currently work as a pre diem rehabilitation aide in a geriatric sub-acute care facility at a hospital. I also will be working part time as a therapy technician in a acute rehab center (start date: 9/17)

Volunteer: 405 Verified Hours of observation, 30 hours inpatient rehab, 41 hours in an outpatient hospital setting, and the remaining 334 hours are divided up between 3 different private practices where I have observed pediatrics, geriatrics, neurological therapy, and orthopedics.

Applied: LIU-Brooklyn, UMDNJ-Stratford, Richard Stockton, Scranton, Pitt, Arcadia, Widener, Thomas Jefferson, Drexel, University of Maryland-Baltimore, VCU, UNF, St. Augustine FL, USF, University of Florida

Interviews: N/A

Denied: University of Maryland-Baltimore

From an academic standpoint I'm a little worried about my chances due to my low GPA and GRE but from a non-academic standpoint I feel like I've put together a solid application. I know I got really good references and worked really hard to write some great essays, some of the best I've ever written. What do you think my chances are? I did not apply early decision but I got my applications in super early cause I heard it can help your chances a lot.

If you have any questions about LIU Brooklyn, message me. I am a recent grad/newly licensed PT.