Quantcast

What are my REAL BCP, Science, and Overall GPAs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clubwestpua

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
(1) INC +/-
BCP: 3.66
Science: 3.72
NonScience: 3.74
Total: 3.73

(2) W/O +/-
BCP: 3.57
Science: 3.65
NonScience: 3.74
Total: 3.67

These are confusing... my school only had A/B+/B/C+ grading system until my junior year then switched to A/A-/B+/B/B- grading system starting my senior year... Which ones are my REAL GPAs??? In other words, which set of GPAs would adcoms consider more??

Last edited:

Ferneezy

I don't always Go Blue, but when I do...
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
they consider only one set: that which AADSAS calculates

1stlady90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which category of the gpa do schools look at? BCP? Science? Total? none science?

clubwestpua

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what are more important? I figured out that above ones are including minus grades while below ones are not. Isnt is absurd to dismiss those plus and minus grades and aggregate them into plain As and Bs?

I believe the one with +/- is more important than without +/-
And BCPGPA, sGPA, cGPA are more important than non-sciGPA.
However, it doesn't mean that dental schools are going to ignore less important GPAs.
I think the above ones are only "slightly" more important than others, and dental schools will still look at all of your GPAs

I think ones without should be more important since some schools only have +s or have no A+.

clubwestpua

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did call several dental schools and their average GPAs posted on their websites, AADSAS guide book and DR. Tootchache's spreadsheets are GPAS including +/-s. So UCLA average is 3.7 inc +/- while most other decent schools are 3.5~3.6.