What are physician scientists doing during this time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NileMasr21

Reaction score
Are people tending to focus more on researching the virus/cures or more on the patient care side?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
labs are closed at our institution and only a small number of personnel are going in to maintain precious strains / animal models. Need special permission to work so only labs that are active are working on COVID-19 related projects.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm just writing like a fiend and checking cold storage every week since no new experiments are allowed.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Association for Clinical and Translational Science (ACTS) is excited to announce that Translational Science 2020 will transform into an abbreviated, forward-focused scientific meeting with two virtual experiences planned for April 15-16, 2020 (noon-2 EDT, 9-11 PDT).

The NIH OITE is doing a series of webinars that can be viewed by anyone on “Strategies and Tools for Dealing with Stress During The Coronavirus” (last week, available for viewing) and "Becoming a Resilient Scientist" (tomorrow)

I highly encourage physician-scientists in training and those aiming to pursue the career to participate in these free offerings including the National APSA meeting link from above! I had to cancel my trip to Chicago...

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
That is absolutely true for highly qualified doctors. They are struggling to find ways to study them. For me, I tried doing something else pretty well. I am using my pen and summarizing my knowledge and looking for more information about them. Why should we use a pen? It just helps me avoid overexposure to the computer, and helps me improve my productivity. If you are curious, I can help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
One benefit of working on dry bench projects- you can do it from home.
Same can be said for writing a dissertation, I've learned. Plus now there's an ironclad excuse for the social distancing...