• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

What are recommended MCAT practice tests?

Integral7

5+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2011
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    I wish to know which MCAT practice tests you guys think are the best. I know there are a couple ones out there that stand out, like AAMC, Princeton, and Kaplan but I haven't been able to settle on one yet. :confused:

kehlsh

Medic Commando
    7+ Year Member
    Dec 28, 2009
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Grrrr search for questions that you obviously know have been asked before.

In my opinion from the different posts and my experience:

Rank 1. All AAMC tests are obviously the must-takes.

Rank 2. TBR has representative sciences (probably more so than earlier AAMCS) but it has bad verbal (you can replace with EK 101).

Rank 3. GS has revamped verbal from earlier versions and has pretty difficult science sections that can be of good practice.

Rank 4. Kaplan is hard but moralizing (u get insane inflation).

Rank 5. TPR is hard and demoralizing. I noticed TPR has some specific questions that are minute details from their own books.

kimicurtis

5+ Year Member
      Jun 1, 2011
      1. Medical Student
        Grrrr search for questions that you obviously know have been asked before.

In my opinion from the different posts and my experience:

Rank 1. All AAMC tests are obviously the must-takes.

Rank 2. TBR has representative sciences (probably more so than earlier AAMCS) but it has bad verbal (you can replace with EK 101).

Rank 3. GS has revamped verbal from earlier versions and has pretty difficult science sections that can be of good practice.

Rank 4. Kaplan is hard but moralizing (u get insane inflation).

Rank 5. TPR is hard and demoralizing. I noticed TPR has some specific questions that are minute details from their own books.

When you referred to the Princeton Review tests are you referring to the regular series or the Hyperlearning series?

About the Ads

Integral7

5+ Year Member
        Jul 2, 2011
        1. Pre-Pharmacy
          This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.