what are some summer opputunities for PODs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artse

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys...can you please share what are some of the summer oppurtunities for PODs completing their 1st year. Can be....research, internships, fellowships, shadowing, etc... Any input is appreciated!

Thx.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't really know. We had physio lab, immunology, and three more classes in that first summer. :p

You could begin learning about (or even visiting) clerkship/residency programs, get involved with some research, or start reading some classic LEA/biomech articles... Root, Kirby, Richie, Hansen, etc. Most of all, I'd just visit your friends+family and just relax to recharge the batteries. Second year is pretty tough and teaches you most of the key info for pt1 boards and local 3rd year clinics.

Dude!
You go to Scholl...you have some of the best pod research opportunities in the country! Email Dr. Armstrong and ask him if you could join up with him this summer..I'm sure he will be excited to have you...
...Scholl is conducting a project to evaluate fluid loss from tissue this summer with Georgetown...I'm sure they need help...
I think I'm going to do it and I've been rejected by Scholl!
I'm just a fan of Dr. Armstrong's work and would love to be a part of it...

Good Luck :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Research is a fun way to get to know your faculty better, and for them to know you too. Be sure that the project is something you're curious and interested about, or else you'll fnd yourself struggling just to get by. Depending on your lab, it may require a lot of reading scientific journals, having group discussions and giving presentations. If any of that makes your stomach churn, maybe there's something else you can do. (But this is how residency training is set up too, so might as well get use to it.)

Good luck and enjoy your summer!

I chose to go on a 7-week mountain biking tour of the Western U.S.

That right there might partially explain why no one has ever heard of me...