What are the best areas to be a DO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm super early in the game, but right now I'm most interested in EM, Psych, and PMR...which are all vastly different, I realize.

Sounds like EM and Pysch (even moreso I'd think) would be easy to land as a DO. I have heard that PMR is the one field that may give DO's a leg up...but does that include academic places as well?

My school's PMR match: Miami, Thomas Jefferson, USF, Tufts, NYU x 2 over the last 2 years. I'd say PMR is a good field for a d.o.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My school's PMR match: Miami, Thomas Jefferson, USF, Tufts, NYU x 2 over the last 2 years. I'd say PMR is a good field for a d.o.

PMR would seem like a natural match for DOs, and yeah DOs would get into big academic places in PMR.

When I say certain areas of the country are biased against DOs what I really mean is that DOs in those regions tend to be limited to Family Practice and OMM. You do have DOs in places like San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, etc, but unlike in regions like Michigan and Ohio, you do not see them in all the specialties like MDs.