What are the best Pharm Cards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dan385

Dan
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I really need a good set of index cards to study step 1, Is lange really the best?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I really need a good set of index cards to study step 1, Is lange really the best?

I can't say what is the best, but I've started using Lange recently as light review. It's got the right amount of info, and the clinical scenario really puts the info into perspective. I like going through them with the clinical scenario first, then a second run through looking at just the back (covering up the info, Pharm Recall style). Comes with some "chart" cards that outline certain drug classes (Abx classes and mechanisms, etc...). My opinion: good bang for the buck.

I like Lange, too. Just be aware that the cards are from 2004. It looks like a new edition might be coming out this summer.

If you have time note down the first aid drugs on cards, I had lange but if you have a copy of FA that 'should' suffice in terms of pharm

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also trying to decide on pharm cards. thanks to the posters above regarding Lange.

FA '09 rates Pharmacology Flash Cards by Brenner highest. has anyone used these? also, what about BRS Pharm cards? I've heard those are nice and concise.

I have PharmCards and I really dislike them. They have way too much information on each card, and despite that I still found myself adding details from my classes that weren't on there. I bought them because I really liked MicroCards and they're from the same company, but right now they're collecting dust on a shelf.

I'm also trying to decide on pharm cards. thanks to the posters above regarding Lange.

FA '09 rates Pharmacology Flash Cards by Brenner highest. has anyone used these? also, what about BRS Pharm cards? I've heard those are nice and concise.
I've heard they really are flash cards - ie, quick facts on each card, not everything about a drug on one card. I'm thinking about buying them for something quick to flip through during studying.