What are WW games?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

remi4301

Michigan 2018!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I give up, what are WW games? I've done a quick search, but didn't find anything to help me out. I feel like it's some mysterious and awesome thing......

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, I give up, what are WW games? I've done a quick search, but didn't find anything to help me out. I feel like it's some mysterious and awesome thing......
Do some research, and then you should definitely play in the next one :)

Thank you for asking this question!!!

Reactions: 5 users
This basic idea is that you have two groups: wolves and villagers.

The game has less wolves than villagers. The goal is for the wolves to kill off enough villagers to have equal number of wolves to equal number of villagers. The villagers goal is to find all the wolves and lynch all of them.

There are cycles: day cycle and night cycle.

Day cycle is when lynches happen, the goal is for the villagers to lynch a wolf. The wolves try to avoid being found/lynched.

Night cycle is when wolves can kill. They pick a villager and kill them off. Other actions can happen at night too: such as protecting a player, blocking a player from preforming an action, seering a player to figure out if they are a wolf or villager.

There are many other little things that can go into the game, such as items and other odd roles. But that is the basic idea behind WW.

WW is a completely useless, boring game that eats up all of your time and your life... I highly recommend not playing it

Reactions: 1 users
It's my addiction. And lets be honest, it's not werewolf itself I'm addicted to...

i-m-addicted-to-one-thing-winning-charlie-sheen.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Seriously, it's hella addicting. And makes you super paranoid of everything and everybody. And manages to really suck up your time and makes you become kind of antisocial because you're constantly checking your SDN app for updates. Oh and if you have no self control, you end up buying tons of unhealthy things (i.e. bacon, choco tacos, mexican food) whenever people have posting restrictions that involve posting lots of pictures of delicious food.

...But that being said, you should definitely join the next game! :nod:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am still super confused! I've been wondering what the WW/game threads have been all about as well. And what's with the My Little Ponies? So is the game basically about stalking other people on SDN? And posting pics of food? And is this only an SDN thing or an all-over-the-Internet thing?? Lol I don't know, maybe I'm just too old to understand these new games! I'm more old school- Sonic, Mario Bros, etc:bag:

I am still super confused! I've been wondering what the WW/game threads have been all about as well. And what's with the My Little Ponies? So is the game basically about stalking other people on SDN? And posting pics of food? And is this only an SDN thing or an all-over-the-Internet thing?? Lol I don't know, maybe I'm just too old to understand these new games! I'm more old school- Sonic, Mario Bros, etc:bag:

Did you read this wiki? It explains the very basic premise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

My Little Ponies is a theme. Same game as the wiki but with themed characters and increased complexity.

Last edited:
So like Escalla said above, the game is based on the card game mafia, but played online.

The basic rules for the SDN forum version are the ones that DVMDream stated:

This basic idea is that you have two groups: wolves and villagers.

The game has less wolves than villagers. The goal is for the wolves to kill off enough villagers to have equal number of wolves to equal number of villagers. The villagers goal is to find all the wolves and lynch all of them.

There are cycles: day cycle and night cycle.

Day cycle is when lynches happen, the goal is for the villagers to lynch a wolf. The wolves try to avoid being found/lynched.

Night cycle is when wolves can kill. They pick a villager and kill them off. Other actions can happen at night too: such as protecting a player, blocking a player from preforming an action, seering a player to figure out if they are a wolf or villager.

There are many other little things that can go into the game, such as items and other odd roles. But that is the basic idea behind WW.

Because we play online, the game has the potential to become far more complex and complicated, which makes it far more fun. It is kind of a murder mystery where you have to figure out who is lying (or you lie yourself if you're a wolf).

To give you a slightly more detailed description of the SDN games, there is always a moderator or two that creates each game and runs it. They assign roles to players that they've created, usually based around a theme. For example, the current game is based on 'my little ponies', and so all the roles and items in the game are characters from the show. By using themes it allows for players to help figure out the rules of the game as more information comes to light (because at the start of a game, we are not told what items or roles are in the game, other than our own role).

As DVMD said, each day there is one day cycle, followed by one night cycle. During the day cycle, the players have to choose one player to lynch and kill off, and the goal is to find and lynch a wolf, as the game is won when the wolves are all killed off. The wolves are also participating, so it is their job to try to trick villagers into lynching other villagers (because the wolves win the game when there are more wolves than villagers left). Every player gets one vote, and there is usually a lot of debate over who to lynch, until the deadline is passed, at which point the player with the most votes is lynched and is no longer in the game. Once a player is lynched, it then goes to the night cycle. During the night cycle, the wolves choose to kill one player. There are also other important roles that often can perform activities at night. Some examples of these are:
  • A protector role - usually can protect one person from a wolf kill each night
  • A seer role - there is usually one wolf seer, and one villager seer, and they choose one person to investigate each night. They're then told the next morning either the role name and any special abilities of that person.
  • A chaos role - sometimes there's a player who is not playing for either the villagers or the wolves, and has a separate win condition and can do various other activities
  • A vigilante role - a villager player than can sometimes kill another player just once during the game.
These are just a few roles, but there are usually several. There is a thread in the lounge (WW tropes) which details a lot of other typical roles or items people have used in WW games. There are also often villagers that have zero abilities and just have to rely on their logic to figure things out.

You're allowed to post on the thread, but can only private message the people that you are in a group with (usually 5-6 people). Wolves also have their own secret message thread to discuss their nightly kills and game strategy. Being able to PM with just a few characters lets you decide who you want to trust and talk to, and you can decide how much information you want to tell other people. As a villager, if you have an important role (such as a seer role) you want to be incredibly careful about who you tell, because you immediately become a target for the wolves to kill if they discover who you are. As such, everyone is usually very paranoid in the game. To add an even greater element of fun and confusion to the game, not all villagers stay villagers - conversions can happen every so often, where wolves can convert a villager to join their team. Therefore if you think you trust that someone is a villager (either by having them seered or through following their actions) they could turn around and stab you in the back later on.

So yeah.. It is a really fun game, and they usually last a good week or two (depending on how quickly you're killed off or how quickly a team wins). I will say the first few games are going to be really tough, because a lot of the pre-vet players have been playing WW games for a year or two and have gotten really good at them. They start to learn each others playing styles and can figure out when another player is acting strange, which is obviously impossible for you to do when you're a new player. You start to pick up on things though, and once you get into it, it really starts to get fun :) Definitely give it a shot if you're brave enough!

Lol, I am so bored right now and procrastinating on packing for my trip back to London... On a WW roll, made a shiny new spreadsheet for the mlp game and everything!

Omggggg. I've been wondering this for so long. I WANT TO PLAY!!!!

MORE WAITING?! I can't handle anymore waiting! :p :p

Just a notice to all noobs: Please come with thick skin! You will generally get offed fairly quick and get some ribbing here and there. There will be a learning curve, but if you stick with it and participate, you will be rewarded. I highly recommend reading through a couple of games and keeping up with a current one to get a feel for the game, but if you are a brave soul, come on in. The water is fine. :shifty:

Reactions: 2 users
So like Escalla said above, the game is based on the card game mafia, but played online.

The basic rules for the SDN forum version are the ones that DVMDream stated:

Because we play online, the game has the potential to become far more complex and complicated, which makes it far more fun. It is kind of a murder mystery where you have to figure out who is lying (or you lie yourself if you're a wolf).

To give you a slightly more detailed description of the SDN games, there is always a moderator or two that creates each game and runs it. They assign roles to players that they've created, usually based around a theme. For example, the current game is based on 'my little ponies', and so all the roles and items in the game are characters from the show. By using themes it allows for players to help figure out the rules of the game as more information comes to light (because at the start of a game, we are not told what items or roles are in the game, other than our own role).

As DVMD said, each day there is one day cycle, followed by one night cycle. During the day cycle, the players have to choose one player to lynch and kill off, and the goal is to find and lynch a wolf, as the game is won when the wolves are all killed off. The wolves are also participating, so it is their job to try to trick villagers into lynching other villagers (because the wolves win the game when there are more wolves than villagers left). Every player gets one vote, and there is usually a lot of debate over who to lynch, until the deadline is passed, at which point the player with the most votes is lynched and is no longer in the game. Once a player is lynched, it then goes to the night cycle. During the night cycle, the wolves choose to kill one player. There are also other important roles that often can perform activities at night. Some examples of these are:
  • A protector role - usually can protect one person from a wolf kill each night
  • A seer role - there is usually one wolf seer, and one villager seer, and they choose one person to investigate each night. They're then told the next morning either the role name and any special abilities of that person.
  • A chaos role - sometimes there's a player who is not playing for either the villagers or the wolves, and has a separate win condition and can do various other activities
  • A vigilante role - a villager player than can sometimes kill another player just once during the game.
These are just a few roles, but there are usually several. There is a thread in the lounge (WW tropes) which details a lot of other typical roles or items people have used in WW games. There are also often villagers that have zero abilities and just have to rely on their logic to figure things out.

You're allowed to post on the thread, but can only private message the people that you are in a group with (usually 5-6 people). Wolves also have their own secret message thread to discuss their nightly kills and game strategy. Being able to PM with just a few characters lets you decide who you want to trust and talk to, and you can decide how much information you want to tell other people. As a villager, if you have an important role (such as a seer role) you want to be incredibly careful about who you tell, because you immediately become a target for the wolves to kill if they discover who you are. As such, everyone is usually very paranoid in the game. To add an even greater element of fun and confusion to the game, not all villagers stay villagers - conversions can happen every so often, where wolves can convert a villager to join their team. Therefore if you think you trust that someone is a villager (either by having them seered or through following their actions) they could turn around and stab you in the back later on.

So yeah.. It is a really fun game, and they usually last a good week or two (depending on how quickly you're killed off or how quickly a team wins). I will say the first few games are going to be really tough, because a lot of the pre-vet players have been playing WW games for a year or two and have gotten really good at them. They start to learn each others playing styles and can figure out when another player is acting strange, which is obviously impossible for you to do when you're a new player. You start to pick up on things though, and once you get into it, it really starts to get fun :) Definitely give it a shot if you're brave enough!

tl;dr

lynch cyndia

Reactions: 2 users
Really bad idea. I have the most important role ever known to WW, so villagers will surely lose without me! Also I can't be converted or killed or even lynched, so there. :ninja:

where's the evil laugh smiley? we need one. :shifty:
evil_laugh5.gif

Not very many good ones, but these will serve to be from the both of us.

Oh, except I found this little treasure as well:
false

It is less evil and more straight up horrific. Quite perfect for my collection.

Reactions: 3 users
WW is a completely useless, boring game that eats up all of your time and your life... I highly recommend not playing it
You have the best avatar ever. Please, don't ever change it lol

evil_laugh5.gif

Not very many good ones, but these will serve to be from the both of us.

Oh, except I found this little treasure as well:
false

It is less evil and more straight up horrific. Quite perfect for my collection.

I use this almost every game. Show some respect for my patented evil burns laugh.