Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So if you are in shape and wear nice clothes and shoes - that makes women vain? I'd hate to hear your opinion on swimsuits.that just sounds awful and vain and something no American would do with money
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So if you are in shape and wear nice clothes and shoes - that makes women vain? I'd hate to hear your opinion on swimsuits.that just sounds awful and vain and something no American would do with money
There's plenty of data that says just that: women dress for other women, not for men.Funny thing is, girls wear what they think makes them look good (shoes, clothes), not for the primary approval of you and your friends.
I think he was being facetious.So if you are in shape and wear nice clothes and shoes - that makes women vain? I'd hate to hear your opinion on swimsuits.
So if you are in shape and wear nice clothes and shoes - that makes women vain? I'd hate to hear your opinion on swimsuits.
Sometimes my sarcasm isn't detectable.I think he was being facetious.
Yes, so true. I stopped bringing my bf along when shopping for me, bc he "liked" every single outfit/shoe I tried on, some of which were clearly ugly colors, but I wanted to see what he would say.There's plenty of data that says just that: women dress for other women, not for men.
Very few men recognize the significance of the red soles or the names Choo, Blahnik, Weitzman et al
Oh lol!! Hard to tell sometimes. Too many eokpar posts.I think he was being facetious.
Oh lol!! Hard to tell sometimes. Too many eokpar posts.
Atlantis is cheeseballs extraordinaire. My parents dragged us all there a few years ago. Snooze. Did not like
If you're sexy as hell, you can be wearing Payless pleather and no heterosexual man will care. And if you don't deplete the bank accounts with stupid $1000 shoes, I'll buy you the big show stopper jewelry that makes your gold digger wanna be, pseudo friends gasp.Yes, so true. I stopped bringing my bf along when shopping for me, bc he "liked" every single outfit/shoe I tried on, some of which were clearly ugly colors, but I wanted to see what he would say.
Men liking what I wear is more a side perk, like a 2 birds with one stone thing, but it doesn't mean much vs. when a woman says it looks nice.
If you're sexy as hell, you can be wearing Payless pleather and no heterosexual man will care. And if you don't deplete the bank accounts with stupid $1000 shoes, I'll buy you the big show stopper jewelry that makes your gold digger wanna be, pseudo friends gasp.
Louboutins are heels and are very much worth it, as are Jimmy Choos. They're like visual orgasms for your feet.
![]()
Yes. Heels do not have to hurt.Do people really wear these stuff without being constantly in pain?
It's bougie and kids running around all over the place.My wife will kill you if you say that. Really? you thought it was boring? What were you expecting or wishing it had? (assuming you wanted to go)
I could say the same about buying a $5000 bed, which is also stupid.If you're sexy as hell, you can be wearing Payless pleather and no heterosexual man will care. And if you don't deplete the bank accounts with stupid $1000 shoes, I'll buy you the big show stopper jewelry that makes your gold digger wanna be, pseudo friends gasp.
One more try
![]()
I dunno, you spend 1/3 of your life sleeping so shouldn't you have a nice bed? $5000 is hardly outrageous for a bed. I'm looking to replace my Cal King and they're pricey even for non luxury brands (I want a real bed not these ****ty foam mattresses my friends claim are so wonderful).I could say the same about buying a $5000 bed, which is also stupid.
Yes, you definitely can. Problem is some women who can't accept their real shoe size and go for a smaller size.Do people really wear these stuff without being constantly in pain?
I was thinking the same thing. That ring was beautiful!! 😍
But does it really feel that different? I've never slept on a Temperpedic or Sleep Number bed.I dunno, you spend 1/3 of your life sleeping so shouldn't you have a nice bed? $5000 is hardly outrageous for a bed. I'm looking to replace my Cal King and they're pricey even for non luxury brands (I want a real bed not these ****ty foam mattresses my friends claim are so wonderful).
He just had a lot of bad issues with women, in general. Hand sanitizer necessary.You're smart to be en garde though- there be trolls lurking in these yonder parts.
The lawyer next door to my parents (owns his own firm) had to pay a total of 500k in taxes (federal and state) for making 900k this last year. You make more you give more. We are moving in that direction as a country whether you like it or not.
Love that ring! Would love to have a dress/gown that color.One more try
![]()
The thread is on what you would buy with your first doc paycheck - you can buy anything. What would you buy?I swear, it seems like half of SDN threads degrade to a discussion about women's shoes at some point, like some sick and twisted form of Godwin's Law. Can we get back to fantasizing about the good life before I finish my frozen dinner?
The truth is we don't pay enough in taxes both federal and state. There are companies that operate here who pay nothing in federal income tax. The other party just tried to repeal the estate tax which has been in place for over a hundred years and affects only 5,500 families in the top 0.2% - so pretty much not most doctors. That's fine, but then don't complain about your student loans when those med school costs are passed on to you. I think Democrats should increase taxes on everyone - but mainly at the state level so it can help everyone in that state.
I will pay off a portion of my debt and send the rest to the government assuming we will all be in the top 2% (who are going to drown under a full blown democratic government) we will be taxed up our ***es by the time we are "making bank". Meanwhile the baker next door to me will be raking in half as much money as income and paying 90% less in taxes to the government so we will both end up affording the same lifestyle.
You are cursing this thread for the lounge-The unsuccessful idiots who support big government to solve whatever infantile problem they imagine have no idea how much money certain working people pay in taxes. If you make more than $300,000.00 in California, NYC or in a number of places, half your income is going to the idiots in government who want to waste it. I know lots of people who have moved to the UAE, Oman, Qatar, Hong Kong, Saudia Arabia, etc. to avoid having to funnel money to the idiots in government. If you can, convert as much of your income to capital gains as possible.
I swear, it seems like half of SDN threads degrade to a discussion about women's shoes at some point, like some sick and twisted form of Godwin's Law. Can we get back to fantasizing about the good life before I finish my frozen dinner?
Depends on the state. The for 2015 people in the highest tax bracket will pay 39.6% in federal income tax. California's highest bracket pays 13.3%, totaling 52.9%. The only other state above 50% is Hawaii (11% for highest state), however there are many states where the highest earners pay over 45%. Most places in Canada actually have lower tax rates than that for the highest earners. It's one of the myths about U.S./Canadian taxes that Canada has a much higher tax rate than the U.S.
Ok Joffrey
It's bougie and kids running around all over the place.
Seriously, if you're spending that kind of money you can get FAR more luxury, relaxation and views elsewhere. For $15k you should be looking at the Maldives or Bora Bora, not Atlantis.
I could say the same about buying a $5000 bed, which is also stupid.
But does it really feel that different? I've never slept on a Temperpedic or Sleep Number bed.
Few doctors make more than $406,000 (single) or $457,000 (married) to pay into the 39.6% tax bracket. Even fewer doctors make significantly more than $500,000 so if their income does make them qualify for the 39.6% bracket than very little of their income will actually be taxed at 39.6%. California's 13.3% bracket does not kick in until the income is greater than $1,000,000, which few doctors make. I would assume that most doctors pay an effective federal tax rate of around 30% (probably a little lower) and in California you can add around 9.5% for state income taxes.
Seychelles = Heaven with a beach
Don't be hatin' on my bed!!!
But seriously, if you're someone who struggles to get decent sleep, then it does. I slept on a really 'nice' bed for about a week on vacation. Never in my semi-adult life to now have I gotten a solid 8 hours of sleep 7 days in a row and actual woke up feeling refreshed. I get that feeling maybe once or twice a month, but most of the time I wake up at least once in the night and still feel either tired or groggy when I wake up. The right bed can make a MASSIVE difference (though it doesn't necessarily need to cost 5k).
I was talking in general, not specifically for docs, but I'll bite. If you make over 190k/year you'll be in the 33% federal bracket (most docs will fall into that bracket). In Hawaii, if you make over 200k, then you pay 11%, so even making just 200k there you'd be paying at least 60k or so to the gov in taxes (44%). On top of that, in most states you're not going to be paying less than 7% in taxes on a doc's salary, so most physicians will likely pay at least 40% in total taxes. Keep in mind that's not including social security (6.2%) or medicare (1.45%) which adds another 7.65% total. Even in your situation, add that in to the 42.5% California physicians pay and you'll be right back around 50%. If someone somehow manages to make that million in Cali they'd be paying over 60%.
Seychelles = Heaven with a beach
Don't be hatin' on my bed!!!
But seriously, if you're someone who struggles to get decent sleep, then it does. I slept on a really 'nice' bed for about a week on vacation. Never in my semi-adult life to now have I gotten a solid 8 hours of sleep 7 days in a row and actual woke up feeling refreshed. I get that feeling maybe once or twice a month, but most of the time I wake up at least once in the night and still feel either tired or groggy when I wake up. The right bed can make a MASSIVE difference (though it doesn't necessarily need to cost 5k).
I was talking in general, not specifically for docs, but I'll bite. If you make over 190k/year you'll be in the 33% federal bracket (most docs will fall into that bracket). In Hawaii, if you make over 200k, then you pay 11%, so even making just 200k there you'd be paying at least 60k or so to the gov in taxes (44%). On top of that, in most states you're not going to be paying less than 7% in taxes on a doc's salary, so most physicians will likely pay at least 40% in total taxes. Keep in mind that's not including social security (6.2%) or medicare (1.45%) which adds another 7.65% total. Even in your situation, add that in to the 42.5% California physicians pay and you'll be right back around 50%. If someone somehow manages to make that million in Cali they'd be paying over 60%.
Why would u want a Porsche from 1996?1996 996 twin turbo Porsche. Not immediately. But it's there along with buying the first legal r33 skyline gtr. Tip: I will murder you if you try and screw me over on that skyline. Not really murder. But I'll hate you.
Anyone have any interesting ideas on what to buy when we finally make bank?
I tests drove an E63 AMG 4matic wagon today. Impressive.
Probably not a first paycheck vehicle, but it depends on the paycheck.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.