avantdesign

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
what are some daydreams you have about medical school? err, let me explain. when i am becoming numb from biology lecture, i like to fantasize about my future, as i'm sure the rest of us do. what are they? here are some of mine.

1. driving to class on the quad of my medical school in a light blue vespa with a slight western breeze.
2. doing some strange procedure on a cadaver and then have the lab professor say, "my gosh, that's the best insert explicative way i have ever seen it done!
3. sitting in path lecture while secretly flying small RC helicopters around and landing on gunners' desks.
4. skateboarding through the halls of some hospital wing on route to a code blue.

you?

adeline

idk my bff ***?
Jul 24, 2009
Status
I fantasize about spending less time on the campus.

About the Ads

BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Just getting and reading that first acceptance email or receiving that first acceptance call from an adcom.

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
my daydream consists entirely of actually getting in my dream schools. it doesn't actually go beyond that point.

OP
A

avantdesign

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
perhaps i should lose my imagination and just take notes...

Katatonic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2007
Oregon
Status
Pre-Medical
My daydreams consist of me being a forensic pathologist, not necessarily anything about medical school in general haha.

Jul 19, 2009
Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
I fantasize that I will be so pumped about medical school and my future medical career that my confidence will shoot up and I'll be sitting down on the first day of class and then dropping out later that week :rolleyes:

assuming I even get in, of course!

but that's just my pessimism speaking...

NoMoreAMCAS

10+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2008
Ohio
Status
Pre-Medical
I usually day dream about how much it's going to suck. I think medical school will have it's exciting/fascinating moments. But for the most part i think its going to be a long drawn out pain in the ass 4 years where i spend my time just remembering list and list of ****. Not much thinking, just a whole lot of memorization. Borrrrrring.

Exalya

10+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Status
Pre-Medical
I daydream about not having to work any more. I hate breaking up my school days to go do menial tasks that have nothing to do with science, and I can't wait to take the military scholarship and focus entirely on medicine.

Oh, for the small comforts in life...

DrYoda

Space Cowboy
10+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2008
Dagobah System
Status
Attending Physician
I mostly fantasize about women, but occasionally I switch it up and think about what overpriced sports car I'll buy when I'm an attending.

About the Ads

TexasTriathlete

HTFU
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2007
The ATL
www.myspace.com
Status
Medical Student
what are some daydreams you have about medical school? err, let me explain. when i am becoming numb from biology lecture, i like to fantasize about my future, as i'm sure the rest of us do. what are they? here are some of mine.

1. driving to class on the quad of my medical school in a light blue vespa with a slight western breeze.
2. doing some strange procedure on a cadaver and then have the lab professor say, "my gosh, that's the best insert explicative way i have ever seen it done!
3. sitting in path lecture while secretly flying small RC helicopters around and landing on gunners' desks.
4. skateboarding through the halls of some hospital wing on route to a code blue.

you?
what the hell aare you thinking?

Omni

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2007
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
1) Come to to school in my red Enzo
2) As soon as the gull wing doors open, I'm greeted by two hot nurses and they stand by me on either side
3) My professor quickly grabs my books and bag from my hands.
4) We walk to my class, my professor drops everything off on my personal desk. I tip him
5) I kiss the nurses on their cheeks, and they walk away.

6) And then it ends with me saying "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer dos equis"

Schwann

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2008
Status
Omni, wow... you just made my day!! I was also thinking about that dos equis commercial....That's one of the best commercials I have ever seen, especially for beer!!!

Omni

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2007
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
Omni, wow... you just made my day!! I was also thinking about that dos equis commercial....That's one of the best commercials I have ever seen, especially for beer!!!
lol.
"He's had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels" is probably my most favorite line.

red10

7+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I daydream about med school the same way I envisioned college while in high school. You know, going to class looking your best, paying attention, nodding at what the professor says while taking fantastic notes on my laptop and leaving class excited and fulfilled.

In reality its probably the same as undergrad: go to class looking scrubby, trying not to doze off while hand writing notes that I probably won't understand when I get home, and then leaving class wanting to go home and watch TV but knowing I have too much hw to do when i get home

SysBio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2008
Status
I daydream about med school the same way I envisioned college while in high school. You know, going to class looking your best, paying attention, nodding at what the professor says while taking fantastic notes on my laptop and leaving class excited and fulfilled.

In reality its probably the same as undergrad: go to class looking scrubby, trying not to doze off while hand writing notes that I probably won't understand when I get home, and then leaving class wanting to go home and watch TV but knowing I have too much hw to do when i get home
LOL...perfect summary of ideal and real university
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BlueElmo

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status
Medical Student

You explained it beautifully.

vin5cent0

10+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Not a daydream, but a few weeks ago I had a dream that I got accepted to Yale's medical school.

...I haven't even taken the MCAT yet.

PreMedHopeful

10+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
A few weeks ago I dreamed about the white coat ceremony....then I realized it wasn't a coat, it was a smock and I was dead....LOST!

Charles English

faithless, the wonderboy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2008
Status
Medical Student
lol.
"He's had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels" is probably my most favorite line.

my new favorite is "he can speak French, in Russian" :cool:

the coolest dude in the world

Food

10+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2007
Unemployment office
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Most of you will probably be fantasazing/day-dreaming about the days when you had enough time to fantasize about medical school - Once you are in medical school.

About the Ads