what are your daydreams about medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

avantdesign

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are some daydreams you have about medical school? err, let me explain. when i am becoming numb from biology lecture, i like to fantasize about my future, as i'm sure the rest of us do. what are they? here are some of mine.

1. driving to class on the quad of my medical school in a light blue vespa with a slight western breeze.
2. doing some strange procedure on a cadaver and then have the lab professor say, "my gosh, that's the best insert explicative way i have ever seen it done!
3. sitting in path lecture while secretly flying small RC helicopters around and landing on gunners' desks.
4. skateboarding through the halls of some hospital wing on route to a code blue.

you?

Members don't see this ad.

I fantasize about spending less time on the campus.

Usually ends with sex.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just getting and reading that first acceptance email or receiving that first acceptance call from an adcom.

my daydream consists entirely of actually getting in my dream schools. it doesn't actually go beyond that point.

perhaps i should lose my imagination and just take notes...

My daydreams consist of me being a forensic pathologist, not necessarily anything about medical school in general haha.

I fantasize that I will be so pumped about medical school and my future medical career that my confidence will shoot up and I'll be sitting down on the first day of class and then dropping out later that week :rolleyes:

assuming I even get in, of course!

but that's just my pessimism speaking...

Picking up bar sluts by saying I'm a doctor.

I usually day dream about how much it's going to suck. I think medical school will have it's exciting/fascinating moments. But for the most part i think its going to be a long drawn out pain in the ass 4 years where i spend my time just remembering list and list of ****. Not much thinking, just a whole lot of memorization. Borrrrrring.

I daydream about not having to work any more. I hate breaking up my school days to go do menial tasks that have nothing to do with science, and I can't wait to take the military scholarship and focus entirely on medicine.

Oh, for the small comforts in life...

I mostly fantasize about women, but occasionally I switch it up and think about what overpriced sports car I'll buy when I'm an attending.

Members don't see this ad :)
what are some daydreams you have about medical school? err, let me explain. when i am becoming numb from biology lecture, i like to fantasize about my future, as i'm sure the rest of us do. what are they? here are some of mine.

1. driving to class on the quad of my medical school in a light blue vespa with a slight western breeze.
2. doing some strange procedure on a cadaver and then have the lab professor say, "my gosh, that's the best insert explicative way i have ever seen it done!
3. sitting in path lecture while secretly flying small RC helicopters around and landing on gunners' desks.
4. skateboarding through the halls of some hospital wing on route to a code blue.

you?
what the hell aare you thinking?

1) Come to to school in my red Enzo
2) As soon as the gull wing doors open, I'm greeted by two hot nurses and they stand by me on either side
3) My professor quickly grabs my books and bag from my hands.
4) We walk to my class, my professor drops everything off on my personal desk. I tip him
5) I kiss the nurses on their cheeks, and they walk away.

6) And then it ends with me saying "I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer dos equis"

Omni, wow... you just made my day!! I was also thinking about that dos equis commercial....That's one of the best commercials I have ever seen, especially for beer!!!

Omni, wow... you just made my day!! I was also thinking about that dos equis commercial....That's one of the best commercials I have ever seen, especially for beer!!!
lol.
"He's had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels" is probably my most favorite line.

I daydream about med school the same way I envisioned college while in high school. You know, going to class looking your best, paying attention, nodding at what the professor says while taking fantastic notes on my laptop and leaving class excited and fulfilled.

In reality its probably the same as undergrad: go to class looking scrubby, trying not to doze off while hand writing notes that I probably won't understand when I get home, and then leaving class wanting to go home and watch TV but knowing I have too much hw to do when i get home

I daydream about med school the same way I envisioned college while in high school. You know, going to class looking your best, paying attention, nodding at what the professor says while taking fantastic notes on my laptop and leaving class excited and fulfilled.

In reality its probably the same as undergrad: go to class looking scrubby, trying not to doze off while hand writing notes that I probably won't understand when I get home, and then leaving class wanting to go home and watch TV but knowing I have too much hw to do when i get home

LOL...perfect summary of ideal and real university
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You explained it beautifully.

Not a daydream, but a few weeks ago I had a dream that I got accepted to Yale's medical school.

...I haven't even taken the MCAT yet.

A few weeks ago I dreamed about the white coat ceremony....then I realized it wasn't a coat, it was a smock and I was dead....LOST!

lol.
"He's had an awkward moment, just to see how it feels" is probably my most favorite line.

my new favorite is "he can speak French, in Russian" :cool:

the coolest dude in the world

Most of you will probably be fantasazing/day-dreaming about the days when you had enough time to fantasize about medical school - Once you are in medical school.