What are your views about the "War on Drugs"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

greg17

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I am not a med student but I do want to know what are the views of the health experts when we talk about the "War on Drugs". Is it already dead?
 
We're not med students either, and that's a huge question. Short answer: No. It is most certainly not dead.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to know if I am I going to get drafted in this war? 😛
Seriously though, that is very vague question so am not sure what you are looking for.

What I mean here is that illicit drugs are very accessible nowadays unlike before. And even prescription drugs are abused. What are your ways to reduce the growing number? Any special program in your clinic or elsewhere?
 
What I mean here is that illicit drugs are very accessible nowadays unlike before. And even prescription drugs are abused. What are your ways to reduce the growing number? Any special program in your clinic or elsewhere?
The answer would be no. We don't have a special program at our hospital for substance abuse. In fact, we have no inpatient or outpatient program in our community. I am not sure what law enforcement is doing but they seem to be going after the low hangin fruit, the addicts, while the Mexican cartels who are bringing it in remain untouched. We were better off when the bikers were running the meth labs cooking up pseudoephedrine in their trailers. War on drugs is a politic slogan and as such is surrounded by a lot of stupidity and blather from the politcos and at best does nothing but typically makes things worse.
 
Drugs are still widely used, maybe not like in 60th, but still... And I think that war will hardly ever be finished.