What can qualify as extracurricular activities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flyingsquirrel

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This question directly involves what they mean as "high school activities" on the instructions it mentions do not put high school activities.

Does this mean don't put extracurricular activities from when you were IN high school?

Or does it mean activities that involve volunteering for high schools? or both?

I used to be a volunteer coach for one of the sports teams at my local high school, would I be able to use this as extracurricular activity?
 
Extra-curricular activities while you were "IN" high school does not count. Involving a HS while in college counts.
 
Last edited:
Yes, that would be ok to put. I think what they mean is that if you played HS football, that does not count. I listed assistant coaching for a football team as one of mine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've been reading that intramural sports count as extracurricular activities... but what would be the duties/responsibilities of such an activity?