What can we bring with us??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PullMyFinger

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question - I am taking the MCATs tomorrow at a Thomas Prometric Test Center...I was wondering, what are we allowed to bring?

I know people say they drink and eat during the 10 minutes break, but is it because you're allowed to have it with you to the side or what?

Members don't see this ad.

No, I was under the impression that you can't have ANYTHING with you in the room except your photo ID. They should have lockers available so you can leave your stuff in there. As for breaks, I think you might only be able to use the restroom and get water/snack . . . . I've heard conflicting stories about if you are allowed to go to your locker and review notes . . . I don't think you can :(

Good luck :D

from AAMC Essentials:
The center will provide scratch paper or dry erase boards, ear covers (industrial), and pencils. No other testing aids are allowed. The Test Center Administrator will collect your scratch paper before you leave.​
You may bring no personal items into the testing room other than your ID. You must store personal belongings, including telephones, pagers, books, handbags, and food in the locker that will be assigned to you. To protect the security of the exam questions, examinees may not study or use cell phones during breaks.

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got back from the facility. It's nearby so I stopped there myself, its a good environment thankfully and they told me since its Sylvan Learning Center and theres only 15 test takers, it'll be easy to get in and out. Furthermore, they'll have lockers to keep your stuff but they said if I needed some food cold there will be a fridge - if necessary.

so we can't even bring our own pens or pencils into the testing room? we have to use the provided pencils?

so we can't even bring our own pens or pencils into the testing room? we have to use the provided pencils?

Yes, your pencil might magically know all the right answers... :laugh: :laugh:
They'll give you special stupid pencils, that make you do the work yourself ;)

(I thought this was dumb too..until I realized middle schoolers are rolling up tissue paper and putting the right answers into this paper INSIDE their mechanical pencils...:eek: )