1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

What can you have while testing?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by JDAD, Mar 16, 2004.

1. JDAD

JDAD 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Just curious, are you allowed to eat while taking the exam? What about drink from a water bottle?

What can you bring into the testing room, can i brink a pack and get stuff out of it, (to eat or drink) while taking the test?

Thanks to anyone who can help?

What about good luck charms?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Pinkertinkle

Pinkertinkle 2003 Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    A lot of it depends on your particular proctor.

4. TheFlash

TheFlash Playtime Is Over
    10+ Year Member

Actually all of it depends on your proctor and the particular mood he or she is in that morning. Of course, you can't bring anything that's obviously against the rules on test day.

5. fun8stuff

fun8stuff *hiding from patients*
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I hope people aren't allowed to eat. I can only imagine a room full of people eating and slurping down food during the test. Crunching, crumbling plastic bags, etc.. That would be horrible! lol... I can't stand people who bring food during a test. I am glad it isn't allowed at my school.

6. MeowMix

MeowMix Explaining "Post-Call"
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Technically, you are only supposed to have at your desk your 3 pencils and 1 eraser, except during WS when you are only supposed to have 2 black pens. And your admission ticket.

Some proctors let you have water at your desk. Some let you put your bag under your seat. Some require you to put your bag at the front of the room. Regardless, you should not plan on taking anything out of your bag during a section. Eating is not allowed.