What classes are you taking next semester (Fall '16)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tessellations

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are some of my favorite threads here and since my semester just ended, I figured I'd start this thread for this upcoming fall semester.

I'm a junior (eek) biochemistry major.

I'm taking:
Animal Genetics (couldn't get into bio genetics/wanted to take it with my animal science friend)
Real World Biochemistry (junior year writing/major requirement)
General Biochemistry I (for biochem majors only...it's team based learning and i'm nervous)
Social Psych (for my minor)
Elementary German I (taking pass/fail)
Plus lab work and small group tutoring! And potentially TAing for biochem cell and molec.
With lab and not including my p/f class I should have 15 credits.

So glad to be done with orgo and physics!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I remember social psych being a lot or fun! I'm taking bio chem in the Fall to help prepare for the MCAT. It'll most likely be my last class before applying. Scary.

Probably Bio 2, Chem 2, Sociology, and English 2

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Bio 2, Chem 2, World Lit, Abnormal Psych and Bio and Behavior in Psych.

Thinking about dropping one of the psych classes since all of these total 18 hours. I don't want to royally **** my GPA over this semester like I did last semester. But then again I didn't study as much as I really should have, so I'm not entirely sure yet. This upcoming semester I'll have two labs as well, which may be more hectic and persuade me to drop a psych class.

Reactions: 1 user
Taking Org. 1, Bio 2, Phy 1, and some Communication class.
Hoping not to have a rough semester.

cell bio, special topics in genomics, african dance, intro to computing biology, animal diversity lab,

Genetics w/ discussion (4 credits), Calculus II (4 credits) , Organic Chemistry (3 credits), Biology Lab (1 credit), Organic Chemistry lab (1 credit).
I was going to take a 300 level Spanish class but I was told not to because of my course load.

This fall will be my first semester as a pre-med, so I don't know the official names of the courses I plan on taking, but here is the gist:

1. Psych I or II (unsure if I can skip Psych I from taking the AP and receiving a 5).
2. Biology I or II (unsure if I can skip this assuming I do well on the AP exam tomorrow).
3. General Chem I or Calculus I.
4. A required English class that every freshman must take -.-
5. Sociology?
6. A language (either Spanish or Japanese).

This may all change but this is what I have in mind for now.

I'll be a junior in the fall!
Physics I, Human Microbiology, Human Physiology, Elementary Statistics, and an Independent Study

IDFK BECAUSE DIY POSTBACCS SUCK.

but attempting to take:

Chemistry 1
Physics 1
Biochemistry 1
and like 3 more science idk yet.

Last edited:
IDFK BECAUSE DIY POSTBACCS SUCK.

ObfjyErugl-Ehr02zIILq6sib31efQFQ2wJ8PhtiKc9uJqIaSGCOCM0ivurSCPFmvCvnRRhtNAA77i6ZSrBrjoCgMzZfQzOCfYcBvm6V9HjRBzXXyZG2uTEMoR9Aoun_xJf64VeXwg2Enyi4QPs8=w238-h618-nc

Logic, History of Greek Philosophy, Political philosophy, acting class, medical ethics.

Fall will be the second semester of my DIY post-bac. I'm hoping to get into Orgo II (with lab), Gen Bio I (with lab), and Biochem. I don't get to register for another couple of weeks, and the Orgo II labs are already full for the fall, so....

Bio 1 + Lab
Chem 1 + Lab
Autism: Brain & Cognition (I'm super excited to take this class ^_^)
Elementary Statistics + Lab

Pediatrics, psychiatry, surgery, and family med. Looking forward to all but one of those things...

Reactions: 1 users
Orgo I
Physics I
Art
Chem TA

Structural Principles of Osteopathic Medicine (A&P, embryo, histo etc.)

Osteopathic Principles and Practice I

Primary Care Skills I