What classes are you taking next semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Let's see:

general microbiology
general ecology
vertebrae form and function
foundations of civic engagement (required by school for everyone)
and Honors thesis

After next semester, only two more semesters left!

Members don't see this ad.

No classes for me next semester! Yay!

I enjoyed intro to logic, so I hope you do to! Will your intro to political theory class be covering past political theorists like Locke? I thought that class was a little boring personally, but it's probably because I had a very quiet, monotone professor.

I have no clue what's being covered in intro to political theory. A friend of mine, who's taking a course by the same professor this semester, wants me to take this course with him this semester. I think I'll end up finding the course interesting, but of course hating writing papers for it. Same guy also suggested I take intro to logic.

Biology 2 W/ lab
Chemistry 1 W/ lab
Spanish
US History Before 1500's

Members don't see this ad :)
Finishing up my chem major next semester and getting the hell out of undergrad!

2 religious studies classes
Medicinal chemistry
Italian
Human Sexuality

Chem II w/ lab
Software Methodologies
Principles of Biological Investigation w/ lab (Bio lab)
Biomedical Engineering Circuits and Electronics - heard this class is hellish from current students:scared:
English II

Calculus I
Biochem I
Physiology II
Organic Chemistry Lab
Integrative Arts and Humanities (school req.)

genetics, expository writing, research, wines, anatomy

medical device innovation and entrepreneurship capstone
material selection in design
joint biomechanics
professional development II

gross anatomy, nutritional toxicology, french, exercise and sports medicine, embryology, history of medicine II

Do you guys think I should take Piano I? I'm second guessing it. :(

Still unsure. I register for classes next sunday. I still have to meet with my advisor. Definitely taking Chem 152 (Chem II) and Latin 102 (To get my language requirements done). I'm probably gonna take Bio 182 (Bio II); I didn't take Bio I yet, but apparently Bio I and II at U of A aren't related, and I've heard bad stories about the professor for 181 in the spring. As for the last class, probably a gen ed requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well here is my schedule. Tell me what you guys think. I'm a guy by the way.

Composition II
Elementary French II

Piano Class I

Introduction to Humanities

Introduction to Psychology
Yoga

:thumbup: or :thumbdown:. I'm kind of iffy of the Yoga class 'cause I'm scared I'll be the only guy. What should I do?

If you're comfortable in your masculinity and portray you're not gay... sounds like an opportunity to score some mad shag...

Gen bio II
Gen chem II
Gen Physics II
Calc I
undecided elective (probably western civilization)

considering changing Calc I due to i suck at math

I'm taking

CHM242B Honors Ochem Lecture II 3.00

CHM243B Organic Chemistry Lab II 1.00

CBA525 Cells to Organs 4.00

MIC328 Bacterial Physiology 3.00

PSIO303B Integrative Cellular Physiology II 3.00

PSIO485 Cardiovascular Physiology 3.00

MCB410 Cellular Biology 3.00

Still unsure. I register for classes next sunday. I still have to meet with my advisor. Definitely taking Chem 152 (Chem II) and Latin 102 (To get my language requirements done). I'm probably gonna take Bio 182 (Bio II); I didn't take Bio I yet, but apparently Bio I and II at U of A aren't related, and I've heard bad stories about the professor for 181 in the spring. As for the last class, probably a gen ed requirement.

Haha hey you go to my school! sweet. Take Leonard; heard he's the best for bio. And yeah you should go for bio right away so take bio II. They're completely unrelated. What's your major?

Do you guys think I should take Piano I? I'm second guessing it. :(

I usually take music lessons (not this year, being that I'm abroad) and (a very informal) jazz ensemble. If you like music, it can be a great way to balance things academically. It's great for brain development, but it's also a nice break from 'normal' classes/homework.

I usually take music lessons (not this year, being that I'm abroad) and (a very informal) jazz ensemble. If you like music, it can be a great way to balance things academically. It's great for brain development, but it's also a nice break from 'normal' classes/homework.

Hey thanks. I like music, classical, and I think it'll be a great balance-r are you said. How about Yoga? :oops:

Second half of Junior Year:

Anatomy and Histology
Virology
Immunology
Biochemistry of Pathobiology
Economics for non-majors (What a waste of my life, but I need a full year social science credit to graduate)

Second half of Junior Year:

Anatomy and Histology
Virology
Immunology
Biochemistry of Pathobiology
Economics for non-majors (What a waste of my life, but I need a full year social science credit to graduate)

hey i see you are from toronto. uoft by any chance? if so viro is the best course! took it last year and loved it!

O.Chem II + lab 4hrs
Physics II + lab 4hrs
Vertebrate Embryology 4 hrs
might take a humanities course as well -3 hrs

Bio 107 (Intro to cell biology):sleep:
Psyco 104 (intro science based/just have to answer a survey for lab component):D
stats 252 (boring but sure GPA booster):cool:
Gen Chem II (will redeem myself):rolleyes:
Eng 122 (lit. in historical context/ just want a B):xf:

Quarter System:

-Calc 1 (assuming I pas pre-calc, which I am right now, but you never know).
-Bio 2
-Psych 101

If one of these dose not work out, -Spanish 2 (which I may do instead of psych so I can take it back to back, so it does not slip away).

My ace in the hole is that I need 3 PE credits at some point, and I will use that when I have 2 really hard classes I need to take.

hey i see you are from toronto. uoft by any chance? if so viro is the best course! took it last year and loved it!

Yep, CSB351. I've heard lots of good things about this prof, however I don't really see what everyone else sees. He is so disorganized and not the greatest of presenters.:sleep:

Organice II with lab, evolution, ecology with lab, a statistics class, two choir classes, and of course introduction to creative writing.

Chem 342... Organic Chem II
Chem 343... Organic I Lab
Bio 329... Cellular/Molecular Biology
Bio 244... Principles of Biology Lab
Phil 323... Medical Ethics
Soc 336... Criminology

Also, props to the guy taking Linear Algebra. I was a math major for two years, and out of all the math classes I took, Linear was by far my favorite.

Yep, CSB351. I've heard lots of good things about this prof, however I don't really see what everyone else sees. He is so disorganized and not the greatest of presenters.:sleep:

well i personally loved the material so i went to office hours and studied really hard so i really enjoyed the course. but i know what you mean a lot of my friends didnt like it for the same reasons you mentioned. i loved his motivation talks simply because they reminded me of my dad haha and i swear they helped!

I'm done with my required classes, except some med schools still want me to take a lit class, but NO MORE CHEM for me.

planning on biophysics (1 credit--no idea what to expect), anatomy for dumb kids/easy majors, literature, neurophysiology, principles of behavior, and nonverbal communication. 15 easy credits that all interest me. No classes Fridays. None at 8 am. No research (I hope).

:Dit's about time I get an easy schedule.:D

Macroeconomics, microeconomics, stats, principle of finance - 12 credits hours
trying to get my business prereqs done so i can get a MBA.

Orgo II (with lab)
Laboratory in Mol Bio (2 days of lab)
Macroeconomics
Children's Literature
Physical Chemistry

Advanced Ballet
Intermediate I Ballet (audit)
Advanced Pointe
Intermediate Pointe (audit)
Intermediate II Modern
Intermediate Dance Composition II
Dance History
Anatomy and Kinesiology
Developmental Biology w/lab
Spanish I (gotta start that 3 semesters of a language requirement sometime...2nd semester junior year seems like a good time to start ha...)

I will die, no question about it. It's 20 credits but only Developmental, Anatomy, Dance History, and Comp will require much/any work. It's the whole class from 9-6 every day thing that's really stressing me out. I figure it can't be much worse than this semester with 3 300-level bio courses, two with lab and one seminar...

-Chemistry
-Calc
-Bio
-Writing Theory
-Psych

Biophysical Chemistry
Intro to Biophysics
Biochemistry Lab
Mathematical Modeling
Regression Analysis
Honors Thesis

and...

Western Music :(

for sure:
Electromagnetic Fields
Digital Systems
Power Circuits
another Electrical Engineering class, need to decide on this soon....

and either
General Chemistry II
or
General Biology II (Plants, Evolution, Ecology, etc)
-----------------------------------------open to suggestions regarding choosing between these two

Planning to do some research a few hours a week as well

It's going to be one hell of a semester...

My school is quarter system, so I'm just going to take "biochemistry + lab, inorganic chemistry, public health" =]

for sure:
Electromagnetic Fields
Digital Systems
Power Circuits
another Electrical Engineering class, need to decide on this soon....

and either
General Chemistry II
or
General Biology II (Plants, Evolution, Ecology, etc)
-----------------------------------------open to suggestions regarding choosing between these two

Planning to do some research a few hours a week as well

It's going to be one hell of a semester...

I just love chemistry! Haha, i'm not sure about you though but I will go with gen chem =]

I just love chemistry! Haha, i'm not sure about you though but I will go with gen chem =]

I am leaning towards Gen Chem II right now...the lecture is only 3 credit hours, and I can take the 1 credit hour lab another semester. Biology is 4 credit hour lecture, and a separate 1 credit hour lab.

Gen Chem I wasn't hard either...

I am leaning towards Gen Chem II right now...the lecture is only 3 credit hours, and I can take the 1 credit hour lab another semester. Biology is 4 credit hour lecture, and a separate 1 credit hour lab.

Gen Chem I wasn't hard either...

Are you sophomore, junior? Depends. If you're sophomore then I recommend Bio, if junior then Chem.

Core Art
Core Classics
Core Music
Biochem II
Pchem for Health Professions
Independent Chem Research

That's my last semester. :D Looks like a smooth landing for me!

ochem1,bio2,physics2,anthro,and elective.