What classes are you taking this semester? (Fall '17)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tessellations

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Classes are starting/have started for people and these threads are always fun!

I'm a senior biochemistry major.

Here's my schedule:

Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
Advanced Biochemistry Lab (requirement for my major, not thrilled that it's scheduled for ~10 hours a week)
Intermediate German I (probably gonna take P/F)
Women's Choir
First Semester Independent Study for my Honors Thesis
 
Sophomore Neuroscience major!
Gen Chem II
Cellular/Molecular Neuroscience
Intro to Psych
Honors writing class, on American History (I love!)
Latin Dance 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Senior bio major

Evolution & Ecology
Physics 2
Social Inequalities
Business Law
Medical Microbiology & Immunology


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Junior Bio major
Stem Cell Bio ( A 4000 level class D: I couldnt fit in any of the other classes that are level 3000 so I'm taking this class early but I'm lowkey freaking out)
Orgo II
Orgo I lab ( Yes, orgo I. I had scheduling issues last semester)
Global health
Gender Law and Politics
Intro to Ethics
Will also, hopefully, be volunteering at a hospital, hospice, and the YMCA. Once a week, each.
 
Classes are starting/have started for people and these threads are always fun!

I'm a senior biochemistry major.

Here's my schedule:

Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
Advanced Biochemistry Lab (requirement for my major, not thrilled that it's scheduled for ~10 hours a week)
Intermediate German I (probably gonna take P/F)
Women's Choir
First Semester Independent Study for my Honors Thesis

Wish I could sing :/
 
Senior Psych Major, Stats minor:

Psychobiology seminar
Developmental neuropsychology
Applied Data Analysis
Orgo + Lab
(Research)
 
It's definitely a great stress reliever. I just wish I had more time to do even more of it. I'd love to be in an acapella group but they can be a pretty big time commitment.
All of the groups in my school have big time commitments/ inconvenient times ( like 8-10 and I commute).
Damn, I wish I had time for it. It is a big stress reliever/fun.
 
lmao gunned it with 20+ credits per semester the past three semesters with summer classes in between, now I have ecology, physiology, and genetics. Senior year is great.
 
lmao gunned it with 20+ credits per semester the past three semesters with summer classes in between, now I have ecology, physiology, and genetics. Senior year is great.
With your grades and EC's?? ( I saw your WAMC post) Did you sleep at all?? And no gap year??
:boom:
 
With your grades and EC's?? ( I saw your WAMC post) Did you sleep at all?? And no gap year??
:boom:
Slept 4 hours a night on avg and hated my life last Fall but honestly I just want to get into medical school. My first three semesters are almost meaningless as far as graduation progress is concerned (change of major/life goals) so that explains the insanity. Had no interest in paying for another year of undergrad.
 
Senior double major (Bio + social science)
I took several semesters with very heavy course loads when I started school, so now I'm running out of classes to take, lol.

Research for class credit
Bioethics
Human sexuality education, which should be really cool since we're helping instruct an intro to human sexuality course 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Junior Bio-Healthcare-Science major

Genetics w/ lab
O chem I w/ lab
Physics w/ lab
Ecology and Evolution

Guess you could say I'm in full-on mcat prep mode
 
Sophomore Bio Major

CellMolecBio w/ lab
OChem (for majors!) w/ lab
Calc I (could skip with AP, choosing not to)
Core (Russian history)

Don't get a lot of options until junior year 🙁 but I successfully tested out of half my foreign language req, so that's good!
 
Senior Bio Major

Microbiology with lab
Eukaryotic Cell Biology
Genomics
Endocrinology
Narrative Medicine (English class)
Life Skills (Required for my scholarship's 2014 cohort)
 
Junior
BS Neuroscience

Biological Basis of Behavior
Cognition
Biochemistry
Physics 2
All pretty chill so far but biochem is supposed to be a huge weeder at my school so...
 
5th Year, Super Senior😎
  1. Virology,
  2. Medical Genetics,
  3. Brewing Microbiology (yes, brewing as in beer),
  4. Intro to Gender and Women's Studies,
  5. Ancient Greek Philosophy,
  6. Philosophy of Symbolic Logic, and
  7. History of Italian Renaissance Art.
As you can tell, I've basically finished my microbiology major, and am now finishing up some humanities requirements for philosophy and sociology!
 
5th Year, Super Senior😎
  1. Virology,
  2. Medical Genetics,
  3. Brewing Microbiology (yes, brewing as in beer),
  4. Intro to Gender and Women's Studies,
  5. Ancient Greek Philosophy,
  6. Philosophy of Symbolic Logic, and
  7. History of Italian Renaissance Art.
As you can tell, I've basically finished my microbiology major, and am now finishing up some humanities requirements for philosophy and sociology!
I am aiming to get three degrees too - Neuroscience major with Computer Science and Sociology minors, but minors are chill... Are you triple majoring? If so that's super cool. 🙂
 
I am aiming to get three degrees too - Neuroscience major with Computer Science and Sociology minors, but minors are chill... Are you triple majoring? If so that's super cool. 🙂
That's an interesting combination! I have a feeling that when we unleash the full potential of computer science (AI, neural networks, along with bioinformatics and etc.), medicine will undergo a revolution. So it's awesome you'll have some knowledge on that!

And yes, at the end of it I'll be three degrees hotter😉
 
That's an interesting combination! I have a feeling that when we unleash the full potential of computer science (AI, neural networks, along with bioinformatics and etc.), medicine will undergo a revolution. So it's awesome you'll have some knowledge on that!

And yes, at the end of it I'll be three degrees hotter😉
Good one. You're a skilled writer, I see.
Yes, I'm going to learn about how human brain works, how computer works, and how societies work. So pretty much got everything in the world covered. 🙄
 
-Interviewing clients
-Drafting/reviewing lawsuits
-Drafting default motions for Federal Court
-Preparing clients for depositions
-Translating discovery demands for clients
-Judgment enforcement
-Starbucks and Chipotle to ease the pain
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Psychology/Neuroscience double major:

Gen Chem 2 & Lab
Bio 1 & Lab
Bioethics
Intro to Forensic Science
Research