what classes to take next quarter?

Started by jmcfa002
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jmcfa002

UCSF SoP c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The answer to this may be "email your interested schools" , but I thought I'd see if anyone had an opinion.
I'm trying to figure out what to take next quarter. I will be applying this june so I want to keep my grades up.
My options would be:
Micro + 3 electives/breadth
Micro + Anat/phys(not sure which is offered) + 1 elective

I would for sure get a 4.0 on the first option and raise my gpa ever so slightly, but get only 1 prereq done
The second one I may not do as well because A/P is pretty tough, but I'll get 2 prereqs done.
Basically, it comes down whether it is better to get 1 more prereq done possibly at the cost of my gpa dropping or would 1 more prereq not really matter?
 
i say option #1 and raise your gpa while finishing one prereq. i don't think it would be smart to rush to finish prereqs faster and not do as well as you could have..too many people make that mistake!
 
I say, prove to the admissions committee that you are capable of taking a large courseload and getting a 4.0. I would take all science/math courses.